Saturday, September 12, 2020

Forty Days

Level Four Lockdown: Day Forty-One

Curfew. 8 p.m.
Mood:    
Black and White Photo Challenge: Day Twelve

So it's been over forty days since we've been imposed with this lockdown. You think of other things which happen in forty days:
  • It rained for forty days and forty nights when God flooded the earth and Noah got on his boat. 
  • Moses was on Mount Sinai for forty days
  • There were forty days between when Jesus was resurected and when he ascended.
  • Lent is over forty days - where you have to give up something. A self-imposed penance. 
Forty days is a time in which things break down to regrow, a time for resurgence, readjusment and renewal.

And we've been locked down for this time. Even longer in some circumtances.

On the good side of things, the transmission number have backed right off. It's looking good for us to start opening up in a fortnight. I don't want to jinx it, but things are moving in the right direction. 

But it's in this time you come to a lot of realisations  - time when you're forced away from your normal life, time which you have to transform life. 

So, taking stock, what I have I realised over this time locked in my flat?

There's a few takeaways:
  • I'm alright as long as I get some sort of exercise in every day
  • I'm alright as long as can have a chat to a human once or twice a day
  • I can live without putting on eyeliner and mascara before going out
  • You always look a bit better on camera with makeup
  • Living with a cat is like living with a stroppy teenager - they just eat less and don't like Doritos.
  • Limiting the time you spend watching the news is a good thing
  • Same goes with social media
  • My grey hairs are not as bad as I think they are
  • I can go withoug a legwax for more than three months
  • It's the little things that matter most of all.
As much as I don't like the restrictions, there are some good things here.

As much as I don't like the restrictions, I'm just very thankful I'm safe and solvent. Long may that remain. 


Today's Song:


 

No comments: