Sunday, September 13, 2020

From Bankerchick

 Level Four Lockdown: Day Forty-Two

Curfew. 8 p.m (9 pm from tomorrow night)

Mood:   Slightly less panicked that I was this morning

Black and White Photo Challenge: Day Thirteen


After a weekend of writing, pitching and getting things ready for this week, I'm now finally getting to do my blog. I'm a bit excited about seeing Blarney next week, as the lockdown restrictions are being eased tomorrow. You can go out for two hours exercise, see a person in your "bubble" who can be outside of a five kilometre (read three miles, Americans) radius and the curfew is being shortened, starting from tomorrow night at 9pm, not 8 pm as it has been for the last six weeks.

At least the numbers are coming down. And yes, I'm thankful we have a government who is actively trying to minimise the spread of this virus. We are very fortunate.

Anyway, this week's questions come from Bev, at Sunday Stealing, as always. 

1. Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month,

Ummm, I  have a pot plant in the kitchen windowsill. It's a bamboo plant. I will continue to water it. 

2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller  What does this quote mean to you?

Not much, I've never heard of it. MInd you, heaven knows what you can find in a garden that you never put there. Gardens are good for that. 

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?

Nick Cave. 'I don't believe in an interventionist God, but darling, I know that you do..." (Into my Arms)


I'm tired. I could write reams on this, but tonight you get Nick Cave. 

4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous.

I wouldn't be looking at you - instead I'd be studying my fingernails. 

5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe?

I don't mind yellow, but I don't wear it much. I think I have a pale yellow shirt and a yellow bandana around the place. I also have a really great yellow hairclip I use when I'm blowdrying my hair. I can always find it.

6. Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black-eyed Susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?

I'm a fan of daffodils, roses and sunflowers. Can't pick a favourite. 

7. Flip flops or bare feet? 

Barefeet inside, Birkenstocks outside. 

8. Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?

Again, a song comes to mind. Pink Floyd. I do feel a bit like I'm living in a fish bowl. We've been ostensibly locked down for six months now. 


9. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?

Yes, I've been fishing - went fishing in the bay with the boys from work over ten years ago. I caught a few fish, but I need somebody to bait up for me, unhook them and dong them on the head. My mother loves fishing - but like me she's a wuss when it comes to baiting up and killing them. The fish I caught were eaten. 

10. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?

When I was using public transport regularly I always had to fish around for my train ticket and my work tags. They're on the same lanyard and they always get lost. 

11. Your favorite fish tale or movie?

I quite liked Big Fish, then again, no surprise, but I love Tim Burton films.



12. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.

I love twilight. I love the light and the sunsets and how day becomes night. It's a special time. The sky makes some wonderful colours at times. Photo taken from my window a few weeks ago. 


13. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?

I have a purple smock and a black tube skirt I bought in London in 2010. I still wear these regularly. I also have a 25-year-old Doc Martens boots which are also still worn on regular occasions. 

14. What's been the best and worst part of your summer so far?

It's Winter. Well, it's not Winter any more but I'm more an Autumn (Fall) and Winter person. I like the cold. It's been a good, not too cold winter. It will be Summer soon. Oh well. Joys of living in Australia.

15. Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune

Jimmy Buffet? Never heard of him, though I saw on YouTube he did a song dedicated to Johnny Clegg, and I know who he is, so he can't be too bad.



Today's song:



5 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Love your song of the day.

LA Paylor said...

great answers always open and honest. Love that. I forgot about BigFish... I so like that movie! Yes to birks too. great song choice
LeeAnna

Bev Sykes said...

how does bamboo do as an indoor plant. It takes over the yard if you plant it outside.

Lori said...

Twilight is such a beautiful time of the day. Loved your answers. Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Kwizgiver said...

I chose Big Fish, too. Loved that style of visual storytelling.