Saturday, September 5, 2020

Candied Ginger

 Level Four Lockdown: Day Thirty-Four

Curfew. 8 p.m.

Mood: Good. Better for a long walk on a sunny day

Black and White Photo Challenge: Day Five


Life is always better for a sunny day. 

And a walk along the river - today we walked from Studley Park Boathouse around to Dights Falls and back. Thankfully there weren't too many people around. It was the first day in a long time I wound my hoodie around my waist and just wore my singlet and leggings. Being out in the sun is a tonic, even if it's only for an hour.

What gets me is that all of this is two kilometres away from home as the crow flies - a little further in the car as the roads are windy. 

It's not only the walk - it's the seeing people around. There are lots of dogs to check out - and here's me wishing I could have a dog (as well as a cat). There's the discovering of new places. I've lived in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne for over twenty years, but I've never found Dight's Falls before - though I knew of their existence - and they aren't real waterfall, but it's good to see the moving waters. 

I get to talk to somebody faec for an hour on these walks. Today Jay and I talked about all sorts of things. Mainly about what may or may not go down at tomorrow's presser. It will be interesting to see what comes through. Both of us reckon there will be another two weeks of stage four restrictions - maybe with a few things being allowed to resume. Here's hoping.

A quick trip to the supermarket on the way home. Today's treat buy - Candied Ginger. I can't remember the last time I had it. You can't each much of it, it's quite spicy, but it feels great in your mouth. The sweetness, the tartness then the crunch. It's all there. You just never see it and rarely buy it. 

I think it would be nice to have diced up finely, the put through melted dart chocolate. 

Anyway, that is what a good day looks like.

It's the little things. 

p.s. I'm having a 70s theme for my daily song. Too many of these classics have been forgotten. 





 Today's Song:








No comments: