Thursday, August 5, 2021

See you next Tuesday

 It could be ten, but then again, I can't remember half an hour since a quarter to four.

Throw on your clothes, the second side of Surfer Rosa, and you leave me with my jaw on the floor.


I feel a bit like the guys on the treadmill. We don't seem to be going very far at the moment as we go into Lockdown 6.0. If this was a movie we'd have the tagline, "Yes, we're over it, but at least we're not Sydney. "

I love that the OK Go song mentions my most favourite album ever, Surfer Rosa by The Pixies. The second side of the album has songs like Where is my Mind and Vamos. 

Just when you think that you're in control,

just when you think that you've got a hold,

just when you get on a roll,

here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again.

Oh, here it goes again.

I should have known,

should have known,

should have known again,

but here it goes again.

Oh, here it goes again.


Yes, OK Go have it right. Here we go again. 

So I'm home. I was home at 8.05 pm, after going for a session with Cleo and stopping in a the shops to collect a knee brace as it's time to bind this up to try get the bugger really better. It hurts if I walk for too long, and I can't have this. 

Am I surprised we've gone back to lockdown? 

No.

Do I think they're doing the right thing?

As most of the population isn't vaccinated and if you get this bastard disease, there's a one in 200 chance of dying if you're not vaccinated. Yeah, I'd rather people not die. Thankfully, I'm fully vaccinated. 

And I have a job I can do from home.

And a cat to keep me company. 

And a bubble buddy to visit over the weekend. 

And a personal trainer who has loaned me a kettle bell so we can work out online next week. 

And a there's a  novel to write....'

And the opportunity to go to a workshop last weekend. 

It is what it is. 

And my goals for this lockdown. Lockdown 6.0, as it is good to get these out the way. 

Wear my new t-shirt to work and have the camera on in a meeting and see if anybody notices. It reads "See you next Tuesday". It's even better than my "Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to come" hoodie. Extra points if I get caught knitting during a meeting. Sneaky knitting is a good thing. Reminds me, I need to get a 4.5 circular needle to start the next project. 


Drink two litres of water a day. 

Watch a movie with my bubble buddy. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri or Whiplash could be goers. 

Do the August Furious Fiction challenge (and not leave it to pen on Sunday night)

Finish the masons books. 

Get my tax documentations ready for Mr H&R Block. 

And listen to Surfer Rosa again. It's a very fine album. 

It's good to have some goals.

Onwards.


Lyrics: OK Go, Here it goes again. 

Today's song: 


Enchanted Map Cards: Peaks of Joy

Archetype Card: The Liberator

Cards Against Humanity: I have 99 problems, but   NEW AGE MUSIC... aint one of them.  

No comments: