Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday Stealing: Sad and Sleepy

 Another weekend in lockdown. Oh joy. I will say that I'm very happy that I've been fully vaccinated, but as the Federal Government has screwed up the vaccine rollout over here, and the Delta variant is doing the rounds, we're going to be locked down for a while. I'm also in isolation, waiting for a COVID test result. I'm highly dubious that I have it, but on waking with a bit of a sore throat it's just what you do here now. Hoping to have the results by morning and I'll be able to get on with life again. It's been nice to just relax at home for the day to be honest. (COVID test came back negative - yay)

Questions, as always, provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. Has anyone ever made fun of your taste in music?

All the time. I have really eclectic music tastes as anybody looking at my songs of the day will testify. Normally those who like the alternative stuff can't work out why I like some of the rock and pop stuff and vice versa. Also the Ed Sheeran / Adele / Celine Dion ? Delta Goodrem fans will berate me for not rating these ultra pop stars at all. 

2. Do you have pop-tarts in your house right now?

Absolutely not. Why would I have them? I don't think I've ever had a pop tart. 

3. Does someone owe you over twenty dollars?

Not at the moment. I'm pretty careful about who I lend money to, and it tends to come back quickly. Reminds me, I have some funds I need to get back to some friends for Art Gallery tickets. 

4. When was the last time you burned any part of your body?

I am an Australian and at least once a year some part of me - normally my nose or shoulders, will get a mild sunburn. It's more out of stupidity and forgetfulness than anything else. 

5. What kind of booze did you last take shots of?

I can't remember ever taking shots. I sip gin and whisky fairly regularly, but that's not shots. I'm too old to be shooting spirits anyway. 

6. If you could see any musician live, front row, who would you choose?

Oh please, please, please could I go back and see David Byrne's American Utopia show again. Or the Pixies - was supposed to see them last year, but Coronavirus killed that concert. David Byrne is AMAZING in concert. As are The Pixies. Other artists I'd love to see live include Damien Rice, David Bowie, Billy Bragg, Jason Mraz, Mumford and Sons ... it's along list. 

7. If I gave you ten dollars, what would you spend it on?

Probably a coffee and a bun or an egg and bacon roll. That's a good use of ten bucks. 

8. Does / did either of your parents serve in the military?

No. Neither if my parents were in the services. My mother was a nurse for many years - that can equate to a war zone. My stepdad was conscripted to go to Vietman and was in the services for a while, but he never left Australia. 

9. Do you like sour candy?

Absolutely. Sour worms are the best. So are sour cherry lollies. And Lemon Sherberts. I also like salty liquorice. An aquired taste. 

10. What do you do to stay awake when you’re tired?

Normally I just push through - and I'm awake 18 hours most days.  I might have a nap to get a bit of energy back, but that is it. 

11.Do you wear your shoes around the house?

Sometimes. Being Winter, I've been in Ugg Boots (sheepskin boots) for the last couple of months, and I do like my slippers, but in summer, I normally go barefoot. 

12. Is there ever a time that you enjoy cold showers?

Yes, when I'm in the tropics or when it's horribly hot, like it gets here now and then. Nothing beats a cold shower when its hot and muggy and you've been out and about in the heat. But that's about the only time I enjoy cold showers. 

13. Are you good at filling silence in awkward situations?

Sometimes. I can talk to anybody, so I'm normally okay at this. Depends on who I'm talking to. 

14. Any TV shows you sit down weekly to watch?

Not at the moment. When new episodes come on, I do like Harrow, Doctor Doctor and Grey's Anatomy. I think we've lost the art of waiting few new episodes. One of our streaming services, Stan, is good for releasing one episode a week, and it gives you something to look forward to. 

15. Are you one to sneak food into movie theaters?

Yes. Sometimes. Drinks especially. Food and drink you buy at the cinema is a rip off. Oh I miss going to see films on the big screen.

Today's Song: 

Today's Cards:

Enchanted Map Card: Balancing Act

Archetype Card:  The Fool

Cards Against Humanity: What is Batman's guilty pleasure?  Still being a virgin. 

5 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

My son was a HUGE David Byrne fan and even wrote a song about him. He saw him once, taking a break outside the theater where he was going to be giving a concert...but Paul was too timid to salk to him.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I can only imagine that David Byrne might be an odd gig to go to. I do like some of his music though.

We agree on cold showers. I hate oppressive heat.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Me, Myself, and I said...

Glad to hear that you don't have COVID!!! We are back under masking mandates, which is driving my mother batty, but I don't mind much. This country is just so fucked up when it comes to COVID in general.

Stacy said...

I hope that test comes back negative. All things virus related are heating up here again and people are getting crazy about it. It would probably help a lot if those in charge could get it together and tell us the same thing. We hear so much conflicting information which just fuels the mask/don't mask, vax/don't vax war. Basically, everyone is just being nasty to everyone who doesn't think the way they do. So tired of all of it.

Kwizgiver said...

David Byrne is fascinating.