Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Steptember starts tomorrow

 In my desire to give back to the community, I've signed up for the annual STEPtember Challenge, a fundraising intitiative on behalf of the Cerebral Palsy association. I've signed up to do a minimum of 10,000 steps a day, which sounds a lot, but a trip to the coffee shop, a walk down to the supermarket and an hour in the gym with some cardio pretty much covers these steps, but doing it every day for a month gets a bit hard (especially if you end up with covid, or spraining your ankle or something like that - and that has happened before). Working from home makes this a bit more of a challenge. On the days where I don't leave the house, I struggle to do 5000 steps.

So this feels like a worthwhile challenge. 

Anyway, this will keep me out of trouble for the month of September. Mostly working from home, it means I'll be getting up early to go for a walk to make sure I get my steps in. It feels good to do something like this. With it being Spring tomorrow, just the thought of having a good reason to get outside is also a great thing. 

And if you would like to sponsor me, the other reason we're doing this, you can find the link to my fundraising page here

I'll update my step count at the end of the blog over the next few weeks. 

Wish me luck. 


Today's song:

No comments: