Monday, November 14, 2022

Sunday Stealing: from the swap bot

Finally got the Sunday Stealing questions. Better later than never. 

As always, these have been provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing. 

1. If you could witness any event from history, what would it be?

I have to say, if I could be transported back in time, I'd love to be an observer in the court of Henry VIII - it's an incredible time in history 

2. What do you think about conspiracy theories?

Ah, I like to see what is out there, but I tend to take them with a grain of salt. Elvis is alive - probably not. Trump should be the US President - sorry, no. Lord Lucan is alive and well and living in Brisbane - yeah, nah. They are fun to entertain for a bit, that's all. 

3. Do you like cartoons? Do you have /had a favourite one?

As a kid I used to love cartoons. Wacky Races and Hong Kong Phooey were favourites. As I got older, I still loved cartoons. I used to love X-Men (The original X-Men cartoons )and Rugrats when I was living in England.

4. What did you most dislike in school times?

Most of it. Smart, different kids who march to the beat of their own drums aren't welcome at outer metropolitan schools. It got a bit better as all of the bogans left to do trades / get pregnant / leave because school was awful. 

5. How do you think the end of the world will look like?

I couldn't say - and I don't like to think about it - though the climate might have something to do with it. 

6. What sounds are in your opinion relaxing? The sound of the sea? Traffic? Vacuum cleaner? Combine harvester on the field? Some kind of music? Birds singing?

I love the sound of the sea - and running water. I listen to white noise when I'm in the office - I listen to train sounds. Works well for cutting out everybody else's conversations. 

7. Which would you take: The well-worn path or the road less travelled?

The road less travelled. Always have done. And that, in the words of Robert Frost, has made all the difference. 

8. What was the last thing you read?

I finished Sonya Hartnett's Butterfly this morning - Australian literature, about 10 years old. It was good - not great, but good. On audiobook, I finished Melissa Lukashenko's Mullumbimby - also Australian Literature. 

I'm currently reading Susanna Clarke's Piranesi and on audiobook, I'm listening to Wuthering Heights - complete with Patricia Routledge as the narrator - she's great - and you only get a hint of Hyacinth Bucket every now and then. 

9. What is one thing that has stumped you so hard you won't ever forget it?

Why we had nine years of the last conservative government, considering they were as corrupt and incompetent, but nobody called them out on it until the last election.

How Donald Trump is not in prison stumps me to. 

10. What are you interested in that most people aren’t?

Shakespeare and knitting. I have all sorts of obscure interests - and I'm used to people thinking I'm a bit strange. 

11. What’s something you really resent paying for?

It's not that I resent paying for things - but I resent the expense. Energy, petrol (gas), food has gone through the roof. Even travel cost a lot more now COVID is not as much of an issue.

12. What did you think was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now?

Fluorescent socks. Adidas Rome trainers. Squeaky sandals. Yoyos. 

13. If you could choose a different time period and place to be born, when and where would it be?

Firstly, I am English on the inside - and really should have been born there. I have always felt far more at home in Britain. As for a time, though it was grim, I reckon being born in the 20s and been an adult of the 40s and 50s, in England, would have suited me well. I'm about 40 years too late for this. 

14. Do you think cats have any regrets?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Of course they don't. 

15. What question do you hate answering?

Anything about partners. I've never had one and always feel like a muppet being asked about them. 

Today's song:

 

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

LOTS of people wonder about trump. I TRY not to think about him at all.

Lisa said...

I wonder about Trump, too.
Food costs have skyrocketed!!

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I saw something about Lord Lucan the other day - and apparently he IS an Aussie now (or at least was).

Totally agree about Trump - and the Orange lunatic might try to stand again. God help us!!

:o)

Cheers

PM