Saturday, November 26, 2022

Thank Goodness that's over

 Our state election is over, that goodness. 

It appears the old crew will be staying in with a reduced majority. Am I happy about this - mostly. For me, it's better than handing the Libs the keys to the kingdom. But hopefully there will be a few more voices having a say. 

My electorate appears to have gone Green. I'm not surprised and I'm okay with this. It's an inner-city seat in the inner East. It's a Greens haven. Again, not upset or surprised by this, the local electorate has voted Greens federally for well over ten years. The old Labor candidate is retiring - he was a good local member. 

I'm just hoping they get on with being transparent, do something about the ambulance and health service and be a bit more conscious of the environment. And put more into education - which they have stated is a goal.

My other hope is that our current leader maybe retires after a year or so - bring somebody new. I'm okay with Dan Andrews, but I think after ten years a change in leadership maybe a good thing. Leaders can stay around for too long. Look at John Howard for example.

Regardless, we get rid of the awful political adds that have been on the telly and hopefully things can start improving. 

I live in hope. 

Today's song: 




No comments: