Thursday, November 24, 2022

Voiceovers

 I get some funny tasks at work. 

Today was voiceover day. One of my colleagues does a lot of video editing and he sometimes needs voices to add to these clips and he enlists the team to provide these sound bites. 

Like most people, I really dislike hearing myself on recordings. Even worse, these little clips need the occasional bit of acting skill - and the joys of getting over your own tongue-tied speech patterns to get out something half-decent for the recording. 

It's awful. All I can hear is my nasal voice and my slight lisp, which doesn't give me much trouble unless there are too many 's' sounds in quick succession (Don't ask me to say photosynthesis - it's a nightmare - Thistle is another word I avoid - I just can't.)

My colleague also likes to direct we 'voice talent'. I find going big and bringing it back is a good way of doing things - over exaggerate your emphasis, then go softer to get the desired effect. 

It made for a fun hour before lunch and relieved a bit of the tedium I've got going on my current task. \

Other highlights of the day: 

  • Obtaining a mushroom toastie from my current coffee shop. It was good - not as good as the ones from Hector's Deli, but I did have the toastie in my hand in about ten minutes. At Hector's I think they go to the Dandenongs to forage for the mushrooms to make your sandwich. 
  • The gym was good  - second day in a row and my body is beginning to feel like my own again. 
  • I've discovered the Netflix series, Wednesday - about the glorious Wednesday Addams. It's laugh out loud funny in places - and I think Wednesday Addams is my spirit animal. Love it. It's Tim Burton at his best. Gothic, camp and strange - just up my alley. 
  • And today's earworm was the Ramones... you don't get better than that. 
I want to be sedated.....



Today's song: 

No comments: