Saturday, July 15, 2023

Sunday Stealing on a Saturday.

 It's Saturday. 

I'm doing my Sunday questions nice and early as I'm just back from Drone Sound Meditation and I'm heading out for Christmas in July in about half an hour - so I want to get this done. Christmas in July, you ask? It's an Australian thing - we get to have a proper hot Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings in appropriate weather (we have hot Christmases over here). It's a good tradition. 

I best get on with this. 

Questions, as always, have been sourced by Bev at Sunday Stealing


1. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?

  1. I'm kind. 
  2. I'm a lot quieter than you think I am. 
  3. When in doubt, feed me ice cream. 

2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?

I believed I was English as a child. There is still a part of me that believes I'm English. I also thought my eyes were blue. Goes to show how often I looked in a mirror, because my eyes are dark green. 

3. Thinking of school classes, which were your favorite and least favorite?

Favourite classes were English and French. Least favourite were Physics and P.E. I've recently reconnected with my old P.E. teacher in Darwin. She's chuffed that something she taught me sunk in as I love the gym and being active now. 

4. What is your favorite fast food?

That's a toss up between a Hungry Jacks (Burger King) Whopper and Kentucky Fried Chicken. 

5. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?

Give this a try: 

6. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?

One or two taster classes. It's not for me. I am, however, a dab hand at boxing when I put my mind to it. Love boxing. It's not martial arts, but it keeps you fit. 

7. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?

Life goes up and down, but that is what life is about. 

8.What arts and crafts have you tried and decided you were bad at?

I love to paint, but I'm crap at it. I'm good at knitting and crochet, but I'm terrible at embroidery - though I can do tapestries on a pre-made canvas, I can't do cross stitch for quids. 

9. What is the truest thing that you know?

Keeping a positive attitude will get you through tough times much better than being negative about things. 

10. Are you more of a giver or a taker?

As an inveterate people pleaser, I'd definitely more a giver. I try to take only when required. 

11. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?

I try to. it's hard at times. But I try. 

12. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Other than gall stones, I had a dry socket when they took out my bottom wisdom tooth. I still remember the pain now. It was awful. 

13. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Losing my niece to leukaemia had a long-lasting effect. 

14. What is your favorite line from a movie?

This:


15. Can you eat with chopsticks?

Of course, I can. I've got many Asian mates - they taught me well thirty odd years ago.  Most Australians under the age of sixty can eat with chopsticks - it's one of the joys of living in a multicultural society. (It's like wrapping your spring rolls/egg rolls in lettuce leaves - it's just better). 

Today's song: 


4 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Christmas in July? I would prefer it here - the weather is much better.

I'm sure boxing keeps you fit but it too is too painful. I've of "Boxercise" which might be a better option. I did try Tae-Bo too - that is tough but involves no physical violence.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Annie said...

You chose a wonderful song. I never saw Bull Durham but now I know I will have to!

Roger Owen Green said...

When I was a kid, we were told that we were part Native American Indian. My genealogical profile says not all that much. Phys Ed was terrible from 4th to 8th grade and 10th and 11th grade. But 9th and 12th, when I didn't have sadists as a teacher, they were pretty good.

marina said...

I love Simon and Garfunkel too! And I strongly agree with you about being positive will get you through things