Saturday, June 23, 2018

58 Days: The Float

I've been having a float about once a month for a while now. Tonight was float night.

There is something very healing about being immersed in a tank of water held at room temperature in relative silence and total darkness for an hour.

For me, this is think time. Time to work out a lot of things that I don't necessarily have the time to think about. Without fail, I come out of the tank rested, rejuvenated and clearer of thought.

Tonight's float was necessary - it's been a big week, and a long week. By the end of the float, I was more at peace.

So, what goes through my mind while I'm floating away in the darkness, other than working out that occassionally, a foot or hand will gently bump into  the edge of the tank.

Well, here are the things I put to peace in the tank:

  • Am I doing enough to look for a new job? (Yes)
  • When will I do the preliminary digital interview? (Tomorrow)
  • Did I feel slightly scared about the eye tests I had this morning? (Yes, but all fine - they're keeping an eye on it, but the visual field test is freaky)
  • Should I have gone to the gym today? (Yes)
  • Have I got an inroad into my dystopian novel (yes)
  • Did I say the right thing to a friend who suffered a miscarriage this week (What can you say? I don't think I put my foot in my mouth)
  • What am I going to do for my birthday?(Other than Bali, start looking for a party location)
  • Can I move on with my film script? (Yes)
  • What do I want to do with my life? (Write, amongst other things)
  • Will the cat and I get on okay? (Of course)
  • How is the axe wound feeling? (Okay - I'm at the anger / frustration stage)
  • What did I think about the play I saw last night? (Jury is still out - otherwise pretty good)
  • Will I see a film tomorrow (Yes)
  • Should I have done my blog earlier? (Absolutely)
Not much of a blog today - I'm a bit zonked from the float. But I found a couple of choice songs while I was laying there too. 


Today's Song:


No comments: