Saturday, June 16, 2018

65 Days: Vivid

I am in Sydney.

What am I doing in Sydney? Don't ask questions to which you don't want answers. My stepdad found this out the hard way.

But I did get to see a bit of Vivid tonight - I was foraging for some dinner and ended up down Circular Quay and there was a couple of hundred thousand people with their kids in prams running around looking at the lights.

I have to say, though it's all pretty, I reckon that Melbourne's White Night smashes Vivid out of the park. Vivid is really cool and all, but I reckon, just from what I saw, that it lacks the "WOW" factor that White Night provides. Maybe it's because it's all concentrated into one night - and Melbourne is darker at night.

I did get a light wreath to go on my head at my birthday party later in the year. That was a highlight.
.
Regardless, it was fun mingling with the people with the prams. I lasted an hour before the people got a bit too much. Joys of being an introvert.

I found some dinner and made my way back to the hotel.






:

Today's Song:


No comments: