Monday, August 17, 2020

I know this much is true

Level Four Lockdown: Day Sixteen
Curfew. 8 p.m.
Mood: I have a case of the Monday Mehs. They will pass. Like Monday will pass.

As it is birthday week, I'm giving myself a bit of a free pass. The challenge of writing something every day is difficult at times, but the challenge is rewarding.

Anyway, I'm sticking to quick blogs this week - more than likely lists.

So, in my series of lists, I know this much is true. I know these things in my heart.

  1. Zucchinis are a pointless vegetable. 
  2. Ugg boots really need to be worn with socks - preferably clean socks. 
  3. Expensive lambswool ugg boots completely crap all over the $15 kmart synthetic ones. 
  4. The current corporate wardrobe of trackie dacks, t-shirt, hoodie and ugg boots should remain when we go back into the office. 
  5. Six Feet Under is possibly the most under-rated series ever made. 
  6. As is the first three series of Outrageous Fortune.
  7. New Zealand pumps out some amazing television and movies - Like The Hunt for the Wilderpeople, What we do in the Shadows, Outrageous Fortune and An Angel at My Table. 
  8. I will never see the point of a meat pie (and by this I mean footy pie). I have never eaten a footy pie. I've been told they are full of horse. 
  9. There are people who use condiments and people who don't use condiments. Never the twain shall meet. I bring my own mint sauce and horseradish sauce to my best mate's place when roast is on the table. She can't see the point of condiments. I do.
  10. Eggs require tomato sauce - and lots of it. If this makes me a philistine, so be it. 
  11. Luddites should not be proud of themselves. 
  12. The scene below is some of the truest words ever spoke. All hail Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and all hail Kristin Scott-Thomas - who is always remarkable. 



Today's song: (Keeping with the Kiwi theme)




No comments: