Saturday, April 16, 2022

Sunday Stealing: Silly Questions

Another Saturday at work, another day of doing the Sunday questions on Saturday. 

Questions, as always, come from Bev at Sunday Stealing

1.    What’s the weirdest smell you have ever smelled?

I once went to the Jorvik Viking Museum in York. They had a walkthrough diorama of what York would have once looked and smelled like. It was strange. And it didn't smell very good at all. 

 2.   What would be the hat to end all hats? What could you wear on your head that would make people stop what they are doing and stare in awe and amazement?

Dumb question, but anything by Philip Treacy, who designed that thing Princess Beatrice wore once, that will do it. Actually, anything Princess Eugenie wears on her head should be sanctioned. 

 


 3.    What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?

Twerking. I just don't get it. Men, women, kids. Twerking is strange. Like why? 


 4.   In 40 years, what will people be nostalgic for?

Clean air and water. Koalas (they are nearly extinct, not that our illustrious federal government recognises this). 

 5.   How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?

I'm not opposed to pineapple in pizza, expecially as I was raised on Hawaiian Pizza as a kid. But it is only to be found on Ham and Pineapple - or Hawaiian pizza, and nothing else. I do prefer the Italianesque pizzas we get around here. Not a pineapple in sight. 

 6.   If animals could talk, which would be the rudest? 

Cats. They are arseholes. 

 7.   What’s the best type of cheese?

Oh, you have me thinking about this wonderful stuff I used to get at Waitrose in England - Stilton laced with ginger. It was incredible. If that's not available, then a triple cream brie will go down a treat. 

 8.   Where is the strangest place you’ve urinated or defecated?

What sort of question is that? Next.

 9.    In one sentence, how would you sum up the internet?

 Crazy place that can be used for both good and evil. 

10.   Which insect could you happily do without seeing for a good long time?

Huntsman Spiders. I hate the fuckers. 

11,   What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?

Most of my wardrobe from 1983-1985. I had no dress sense ever as a teenager. 

12.  What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house?

Oh, I had this one friend who once plucked her chin hairs while watching telly sitting on my couch. That wasn't overly appreciated. She's not my friend any more. 

13.  Is cereal soup? Why or why not?

It's not soup. It's not cooked. No stock or salt in involved. So no. 

14.   What is the sexiest and least sexy name?

Sexy names: Anything exotic - think Monique, Arielle, Aurora.

Not very sexy names: Hortense, Gertrude, Eunice... those awful Victorian names which appear to be making a comeback. 

15.   What fictional character is amazing in their book / show / movie, but would be insufferable if you had to deal with them in mundane everyday situations?

I've just finished Again, Rachel by Marian Keyes - and as much as I love the Walsh family, they would do my head in. 

The crew from Wuthering Heights I don't think I could put up with them either. 

Today's song: 



5 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

#1. Good answer - I've been there too and you are totoally correct about the smell.

#2. Twerking - a ridiculous thing to do.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

Oooo. I went to that museum in York. I don't remember the smells, but do remember t hat they tried to make each display as real as possible.

ShannonW said...

I don't get twerking either. I agree that cats can be jerks!

Kwizgiver said...

Cats--without a doubt!

Lisa said...

I enjoyed your answers today! I'm still laughing about the person plucking chin hairs at your house!!