Saturday, April 9, 2022

Sunday Stealing: Thought Provoking Questions

 Another weekend of work, and another Saturday night when I'm doing the Sunday questions. I was supposed to be going out to dinner tonight. I'm a bit headachy and throaty - the RAT test came back negative, but I don't want to risk it. Such is life in this new Post-COVID world. 

Questions, as always, have been provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. Do you own your things or do your things own you?

I own my things. I do like things (particularly my books) but they don't own me. I could do without a lot of them. 

2. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?

I don't think I'd sign up for either. Your old memories make you who you are. And making new memories is all part of the fun of having fun. So I'm going to say neither. 

3. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?

That I have my health, that I am secure and that I have friends. You need all of these things to live past your 70s. 

4. What do you have that you cannot live without?

My friends. 

5. When you close your eyes what do you see?

Light. It depends on the amibent light around the place as to how bright the light is. 

6. What sustains you on a daily basis?

Writing, film, friends and music. I need all of these things to keep me sane. 

7. What are your top five personal values?

  • Be kind, always
  • Be loyal
  • Be generous with your friends
  • Be curious, but not judgemental (thanks, Ted Lasso for that one)
  • Keep on searching. 

8. What personal prisons have you built out of fears?

Probably my fear of intimacy and commitment. They're fun. I'm working on them. 

9. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?

Walk the full length of the Camino de Compostella di Santiago in Spain. An 800 kilometre walk. Fun, eh? 

10. If you haven’t achieved it yet what do you have to lose?

I've been waiting for the time where it's a bit safe  - I was looking at doing it this year, but there are some health issues that need seeing to. That and I need 6 weeks to two months off work to do this. And I need to get a new passport - my old one is about to expire. 

11. What three words would you use to describe the last three months of your life?

  • Work
  • Work
  • Work
It's not been fun. It will hopefully be changing bigtime after ANZAC Day when the project goes live. 

12. Is it ever right to do the wrong thing?  Is it ever wrong to do the right thing?

Yes. Not often, but yes. 

13. How would you describe ‘freedom’ in your own words?

Walking barefoot down a beach, listening to the ocean, not having to be anywhere and just enjoying what is in front of you, without feeling disadvantaged in any way. 

14. What is the most important thing you could do right now in your personal life?

Let myself be open to more opportunities in all sorts of ways. 

15. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

I'd probably still be a writer. 


Today's song: 



Today's song: 


3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

It's surprising how many people want to walk the Camino de Compostella di Santiago. I saw a movie about it and read a book about it. It sounds really like quite an experience.

Kwizgiver said...

I don't know today's song--thanks for introducing me to it!

Susan said...

I thought the same thig about the memories. We have so many ways to preserve memories now. So keeping those old memories are important to me. I hope you get to travel!