Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The Poke Bowl

The best thing about working from home is the ability to cook lunch,

Today, I'm having one of my eponymous Poke Bowls. 

In this, there is: 

  • Half a cup of brown rice (microwave pots are the best)
  • Half a marinated Teriyaki chicken breast 
  • A couple of spears of asparagus - blanched
  • A couple of spears of broccolini - blanched
  • 40 g or edamame beans - also blanched
  • 1/4 a Haas avocado
  • 20 g of pickled ginger
  • A drizzle of Kewpie mayonnaise
This lunch makes me happy. It's substantial. It's tasty. It's easy to throw together. The only thing missing is the dried seaweed, which I ran out of as I've taken to eating leftover Nori sheets as chips. 

When I don't have chicken, I've been known to throw in smoked salmon and a boiled egg. 

It's yummy, very easy and I like it. 

I'm also edging to get some of these bad boys in me - peanut chilli noodles. 

How does this sound? 

You need:

  • A pack of instant noodles (but I think I might go the soba kind - love soba noodles)
  • Some oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
  • 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp of vinegar
  • 1 tbsp of dark soy
  • 1 tbsp of honey / maple syrup.
You basically cook the noodles, fry off the garlic and sesame seeds, then add the rest to the hot pan off the gas and stir.

Might have to give these a try. 

Anything quick and easy is a good thing.

Must get back to work and stop thinking about food. 


Today's song:

1 comment: