Friday, July 15, 2022

How did I live without heating?

Okay, maybe that should read how did  I live without better heating? 

A new split system was installed in my flat today, a week after letting the landlord know that the current heater in the lounge was about as effective as a chocolate teapot. Credit where credit is due, the landlord, who I've never had a problem with, turned this one around quickly. 

Thankfully, the tradies doing the installation were quick, polite and cleaned up after themselves. 

And after a very, very long time, I have a warm lounge room. It's amazing. Who knew I could be warm without an oodie, a blanket and ugg boots. And sure, I don't really feel the cold, thanks to extra padding and menopause, but it is nice to be really comfortable roaming around the place without dressing like and eskimo. 

Who know?

I'm doubly happy as I had a good feed of chilli wantons and xiao long bao for dinner before the theatre. 

Life is good. 

Today's song: 



No comments: