Sunday, July 24, 2022

Sunday Stealing: Hodgepodge

 Another Sunday afternoon doing the ironing and getting some knitting done. It's was a cold, wet day here yesterday here, but today was wonderful. And now I'm getting this done. 

Questions, as always, provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. What's something you've recently accomplished solo

I pretty much live my life alone - I live alone (okay, with a cat, but he doesn't count), I got a new job, alone - I pretty much do everything solo, so this is just run of the mill for me. 

2.  What's one product you use that never ever fails?

I've got a list of things I use which I wouldn't trade. Bega Super Crunchy Peanut butter comes to mind - nothing else tastes the same.

3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it?

Yes. right here. I'm pretty good where I am now. 

4.  Worst movie you ever saw?

This might be a bit contentious, but I really didn't like Sin City. I walked out on it even though it had Clive Owen in it. King Arthur, another Clive Owen film, was pretty awful too. And I really didn't like Morbius, a created of Marvel's which came out last year. That was pretty terrible. 

5. What's the last fun thing you did?

I saw a film yesterday. Fun enough for you? Went to the gym this morning and did a pretty good workout. That was fun too. 

6. What's your favorite Italian dish?

Probably tiramisu. As for pasta sauce, I really like Arrabiata - a spicy tomoto based sauce which is full of peppers. It's lovely. 

7. Have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit there, and if so what would site or city would you most want to see?

I've been to Paris  - twice. Some would argue that going to Paris is not really going to France. And I would love to see a lot more of France. Particularly Chartres, Lyon, Marseille and down around the Pyranees. Oh yes, and I'd love to go to Brittany and visit Mont St Michel. It's been a long held wish of mine since I studied French in school. 


8. Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip?

Never been to any Disneyland - not in the States, nor in France (EuroDisney) nor the one in Hong Kong, though I'm interested in how long the Chinese will allow that one to stay open. If given a ticket I'd go along willingly. 

I enjoy Disney, but don't watch it often, though I did recently like Encanto. I do stream the Disney Channel and I have a subscription I share with Blarney's boys. 

9. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more church mouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse?

Strangely, if I want a bit of piece and quiet around town, I'll often go sit in a church. I'm more the church mouse type, but I'm open to opinions. 

10. Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread?

I don' bake my own break - I did when I was a teenager and it always came out like house bricks. I love a good sourdough bread. There are a lot of artisan bakers around the place here, why would you bake your own?

11. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'?

Bahn Mi - Vietnamese filled rolls - you take a crusty, fresh white roll, give it a lick of butter and some pate, then fill it with pickled vegetables and barbequed pork or chicken. Then, top it with some coriander (cilantro) and fresh red chilli and a lick of hoi sin sauce. AMAZING. Better than sliced bread. 

12.  Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T.

  • The sunshine
  • The fact my washing dried mostly on the line
  • The fact I made it to the gym and did some cardio
  • That my cat gave me a nice purry cuddle this morning
  • And that my food shopping is all done for the week.
The and that start with T. 

13. Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20- 21.

I was in Adelaide and I was miserable working in the sub-basement of a department store and finishing off my degree during my lunchtimes. It wasn't fun. 

14. What's on the menu at your house this week?

Of the ingredients I bought this week, there will be a lot of pumpkin curry and brown rice eaten and home made pizzas on pitta bread. Well that is the plan. 

15.Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons?

Coupons aren't a big thing here in Australia, although I am a member of this group called Cashrewards.com.au which gives you money back on purchases. I've got nearly $80 cash back this year. An old colleague put me onto it. Great website. 

Today's song: 



2 comments:

Me, Myself, and I said...

Mont St. Michel--how beautiful

Roger Owen Green said...

I never saw Sin City. Seemed terribly pretentious just from the trailer.