Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sunday Stealing: Why not just meme...

 It's late on a Sunday. Time to get the weekly questions out of the way after a steady weekend.

Questions, as always, come from Sunday Stealing. 

When You Can't Think of Anything to Blog About ... (Normal state of affairs here)

1) Describe your typical weekend, and tell us how this weekend has been different. 

A typical weekend will have a mix of the following:

  • A sleep in
  • Gym
  • Laundry and housework
  • A meditation session every second week
  • Breakfast with friends
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Call my mother
  • Go round and see Blarney
  • Talk to the cat
Most of these happen over the weekend, but there's not real order to them. 

2) What food hits your bliss spot?

 Ice cream

If you're looking for something more savoury, nothing beats a good bahn mi. I go for the barbeque chicken ones over roast pork any day. And they have to go gently on the chilli. 

3) Where did you stay on your last vacation (hotel, Airbnb/Vrbo, friends/family)?

My last big holiday was in England and France. I had a mix of accommodation, from staying with friends, to hotels, to the amazing Hotel de L'Oranges in Sommieres to a fabulous Airbnb in Paris. It was a great trip. 

4) If you had a personality eraser, what part of yours would you erase?

 You know, I'm pretty comfortable with me. It's taken me a long time to get here. Maybe I'd like to tone down the depression and the rejection sensitivity, but you know, I'm okay. 

5) Think of your friends. Tell us about the first one who popped into your head.

I'm not in the space to do that tonight as the first person to pop into my head got back in contact and other than ghosting him, I'd prefer not to think about him at the moment. I've got better things to do. 

Today's song:



1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Ice cream, yes! BTW, the link in the comments is to the Sunday Stealing blog, not to this post.