Friday, August 21, 2026

Night in

 The fourth day of birthday week saw me do something out of the ordinary. I had somebody come over to my place!

Although not a big deal, it is a big deal - as it has been impressed on me that the fact that I don't 'entertain' is a bit strange. 

Okay, I don't have the set up to host a dinner party without a lot of movement, cleaning, arranging furniture and the like - but I can have people over to watch a movie. 

Last night, Alice and I had a movie night. We went down the pub for dinner, then we watched The Sheep Detectives - a film I love, and Alice really wanted to see. The Sheep Detectives is on Amazon Prime. 

Alice was told to bring some cow's milk for a cup of tea, because I only have almond milk in the fridge. We put the world to rights over dinner and settled in for a movie after, tucking Alice up in a blanket. 

Old friends are great. They don't mind if you keep falling asleep on the couch after going boxing at lunch time. 

After The Sheep Detectives, I introduced her to Ted Lasso - because she was rather taken with Ronnie and Reggie, the twin blackfaced sheep voiced by Brett Goldstein. She had not heard about Roy Kent. Alice, being from England, would LOVE Roy Kent. I LOVE Roy Kent. 


But it was very nice to have somebody over. 

I should do it more often. 

Today's song



No comments: