Sunday, May 27, 2018

85 Days: The Stars Ablaze Meme

Let's see if I can get this done by the time I take myself out for a float. I need a float. It's been a hell of a week.

Questions, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1 - Do you ever wish you were someone else?

No. Why would I? You have your own life to live, but I wouldn't want to be anybody else. I would like to have enough money to travel the world extensively, but no, I'm good as I am.

2 - How old are you?

A shade under an age which I don't feel I am. I'm in denial about the birthday which is occurring on 85 days (hence the countdown).

3 - Age you get mistaken for:

People often place me between 35 and 42 - About 10-12 years younger than I actually am.

4 - Your zodiac/horoscope and if you think it fits your personality:

Err, yes. I'm a Leo/Virgo, and I'm a good mix of the two. The extended chart rings true too - as a Leo/Virgo, with a Capricorn rising, Moon in Cancer and five planets in Virgo. Basically I'm an outspoken, very loyal, pedantic, list making, occasionally charismatic sooky-la-la.

5 - What did you do on your last birthday?

I went out with some friends for a very nice dinner. This year, I'm going to Bali with some friends.

6 - What is one thing you would like to accomplish before your next birthday?

I want to read James Joyce's Ulysses. It's been on the list. I'm also hoping to lose a few more pounds - I've lost 20 lbs this year to date - just have to keep it up.

7 - What is your hair color?

I have no idea about my current natural hair colour as it is brown with some grey. Dye is great stuff - who knows what it will be like after next weekend's visit to the hairdresser.

8 - Have you ever dyed your hair?

I have been dying my hair since I was 16. It's been every shade of red and brown imaginable.

9 - What is your eye color?

Dark green. with blue and grey bits too them. The green gets brighter when I cry.

10 - If you could change your eye color, would you?

I like having unusually coloured eyes but part of my would love blue eyes.

11 - Do you wear contacts/glasses?

I've worn glasses for over 30 years. Contact are hard as I need multi-focal ones - and to be honest, it's just easier to take off your glasses when you want to read.

12 - Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it:

I'm a lot happier with my body since losing 20 lbs. I may be overweight, but I'm doing the right things to keep myself fit and healthy. I'm a constant work in progress.

13 - Have you ever considered plastic surgery? What would you alter about your body?

No, but there are times I think about having a breast reduction. I'm fairly proportional.

14 - Do you have any tattoos?

A very small Chinese symbol of love on my hip. Nobody sees it.

15 - Do you have any piercings?

Both ears have been pierced twice.

16 - Left or right handed?

Technically ambidextrous with a partiality to use my right hand for the big things. I play pool with both hands and I can only use scissors with my left.

17 - Do you drink?

Yes, in a very limited way. I've been off alcohol for a few months now, only having the odd gin and tonic when I'm out. Finding out a close friend is an alcoholic this week has put my old drinking habits under scrutiny. I'm good with the one or two drinks I have a week.

18 - Do you smoke?

No. Gave up over ten years ago, thank goodness. I have no idea how people can afford to smoke in Australia. A pack of 20 now costs around $35.

19 - Do you have any pets?

No - I just borrow my friend's cats when they go on holiday.

20 - Do you have any “rules” about food?

At the moment, I am under the tutelage of a naturopath. It's been great, but I am gluten, dairy, sugar, caffeine and alcohol free at the moment - along with having gluten free bread, brown rice and gluten free pasta stripped from my diet. It's been an experience, but it's working for me.


Today's Song:


1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

$35!!! Glad I'm not a smoker. I don't know what the price is here, but $35 seems really amazing.