Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mary's Questions (99 Days)

So, it is a glorious late autumn day here in Melbourne. I've been shopping, I've been to the gym, I've been to breakfast with my glorious mate and I stopped in at Officeworks - and I swear that place is a s lethal as Bunnings - but I managed to walk out with spending less that $100 - which is a bonus. Like Bunnings, you always walk out with crap you don't need. I did need the new keyboard - I probably didn't need the rest of the stuff I bought.

Questions have been supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing.

If you could, where would you max out a credit card?

I could go very mad at the Apple Store. I am a disciple of the church of Apple, even if I do use a PC. I'm in need of a new phone. Currently saving for an iPhoneX. Why - just because.

Why do you like the music you listen to?   

I have very eclectic taste in music. I was at the opera yesterday and was singing along to The Pogues last night. Mainly, I listen to a lot of alternative and slightly off mainstream stuff - and throw in a bit of Miles Davis and Nina Simone for good measure.
 
What are your favorite colors?

Pillarbox Red, Cobalt Blue and teal.

Do you collect anything?

Other than books?  I have a collection of little elephants sitting behind me.

What's your dream job?

Best selling novelist and writer. I was talking to a friend today - said I'd love to be writing for TV. I just like writing.

 Favorite cosmetics brands:

I'm a lover of anything Marc Jacobs - lovely textures. I also really like Benefit mascara.

 Favorite scents:

The cookie man cookies, clean bloke, dogs paws in the morning, rose scented perfume (Stella and Jo Malone's Red Roses are lovely) night blooming jasmine. Petitgrain, benzoin and vetiver oils. I love scent.

 Favorite flavors: 

Vanilla, roast lamb, sweet potatoes, just blanched broccolini, edamame, anything Spanish or Mexican.

 Favorite magazines: 

I don't really read magazines, but I'm fold of Marie Claire and The Monthly.

 Favorite piece of jewelry: 

My three strand  Pandora bracelet.

 Favorite Holiday: 

Anywhere where I can go on an adventure. Looking at walking the Camino next year. Bring it on. If I can't have an adventure, give me a city with a five star hotel room.

Oh, you mean Holiday in the American sense - I don't have a favourite day off, but Anzac Day is pretty special too me. Sod Australia Day - move it when we become a republic - pronto.

 Favorite season: 

Hands down, Autumn. Sometimes sunny, cool nights, lots of lovely colours - it's just wonderful.

 Coffee or tea?.

Well, as I have become a food wanker of late and had to strip caffeine out of my diet completely out of my diet, I have to say neither. Traditionally I've been a coffee person, but I'm not sure if coffee will be ever coming back into my life. Seeing the naturopath on Wednesday. We'll see. I will day I do feel better without coffee - and I never thought I would be saying that.

 Where would you go on vacation if you could go anywhere? 

After a conversation with a friend today, I'm starting my planning for my ultimate  holiday, which will start with a trip to the US - where I would like to visit my uncle in San Diego, my mate in Boulder, CO, my Aunt in Tennessee then hopefully a solid week in New York, at least. Then over to France - hopefully visiting a friend in Brittany where I can finally see Mont Saint Michel, Chartres and Carcassonne, before setting off on the Camino di Compostella de Santiago - 800 kms of walking over a few weeks. Once that is over, I'd like to go see a friend in Florence, if she is still there, and maybe pop in another friend in Geneva.  Might even see if I can wing some time in London. To get over this, maybe then we can got to Bali for a week or so to just chill - a week hanging out at the Yoga Barn would be most awesome.

Now I just have to work out how to fund this...

 What kind of geek are you?

I'm a Shakespeare Nerd. I'm a book and word geek - but I don't do technology too badly.



Today's song:



1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

Love your dream vacation! (and nice to see another lamb lover. I love lamb, but not so poular here)