Saturday, February 29, 2020

February Check In - March Goals

It's the end of the month. Time to take stock of what has been done and time to set some new goals for March.

On the good side of things - rest and antibiotics seems to be calming the cough. Very happy about this.

But now for last months goals - how did I do?

From the January goals that were left over, I got the will done, signed and executed. Tick.

The spare room is looking a little better - but as Jay and I are having a second hand stall at the Camberwell Market at the start of April, things are starting to pile up in readiness.

I'm also getting an hour of writing done a day. I make 10-12000 steps most days if I'm not in the gym and I'd read for at least half an hour on any given day. So, I'm maintaining things on this count - which is a good thing.

Now for February's Goals:

1) Make note of everything I spend

I was doing really well on this until I got mugged - when everything went out the window. This is not to say I've been overspending. I just having been diligently recording everything. I'm reinstating this goal for much.

2) Paint out the toilet and hallway

Done. I had to finish this before I went back to work. Both look a hell of a lot better.

3) Start mapping out that bloody novel, at last, ready for school in March

Underway. Though not planned out, I've been making a lot of notes about this, taking a lot of things on board and looking at all sorts of things which could go in my dystopian novel. School starts on Tuesday.

4) Go swimming once a week. 

I went swimming once - at the best beach in the world (Silver Sands in South Australia). I still love swimming. 


Maybe I can go once or twice in the next few weeks. 

5) Go gluten, dairy and sugar free (again)

Though I haven't completely eliminated all of these things, I've managed to reduce gluten, dairy and sugar. Being back at work makes this a lot easier as I'm taking my lunch in most days. It's a work in progress.

6) See the following movies (along with the list of classics I never got to)

  • Parasite
  • Marriage Story
  • 1917
I saw all three. Parasite was my favourite of the three. Very Hitchcock-ian. Really worth a view.

So, what are my goals for March.

1) To take lunch to work every day (except when I'm meeting somebody for lunch)

I'm still in povo mode - so taking my lunch to work is critical - and it will be the case for the next six months. I'm allowing myself a coffee (okay my fake coffee - and almond decaf latte - and I've found a place that does them for $3.50 - cheaper than anywhere else in the nearby centre) It also makes the next goal a bit easier.

2) Continue on the elimination of dairy, gluten and sugar.

Again, made easier since I'm taking my lunch to work. I run better this way. 

3) Write down everything I spend

I started off well last month. Time to get back onto it. It's a good exercise in budgeting as well.

4) Complete a Park Run.

Last year I found Park Run. This year either the weather / atmosphere has conspired against me or I just couldn't be asked. I've got a pretty busy March. There's a trip to Sydney to see the Pixies, school, meditation - all of which means I can't get to Park Run. But I will try. 

5) Read four books.

This might be a task - but I want to keep my reading up - even with school starting. Writers need to read. 

6) Lose two kilograms (at least)

It's time to get back on the weight loss bandwagon. I'm setting small, realistic goals. I should be able to do this.

7) Get 10000 words of the new novel done.

Hopefully school will allow this to happen. 

Well, that is my for the month. Wish me luck.


Today's song: 










No comments: