Sunday, March 29, 2020

Alec Clayton's Questions

I'm getting a bit sick of living within the walls of my flat, but it needs to be done. This morning, Jay and I went for a walk along the river. Not an overly long walk, but it was great just to be out in nature, keeping our distance, having a chat, watching everybody else doing the same thing.  It was pretty glorious along the Yarra.


Like everybody else, I'm stuck at home, for work, soon it will be exercise. It just is what it is.

I'm just pleased I have the small panther to keep me company. He really is the bestest boy.

Image may contain: cat and indoor

And on the good side of things, school is back on Tuesday, albeit online - but school is back, thank goodness.

Questions, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing.


1. If there's a personal god, what quality would you most like that person to have (and why)?

If there was a personal god, I would wish them to be unfailingly kind.

2. What's your death-row meal?

Oh, that would be roast lamb, with all the trimmings and lashings of mint sauce, followed by creme brulee. Either that or a full degustation meal from Vue de Monde.

3. Assuming we make it through this outbreak with minimal loss of life, what do you think our big takeaway should be?

We need to be very grateful for what we have - and to be kinder to the planet and too each other. I also think we need to have a good look at our political systems and we should strive to make them better for all. (Even though we have muppets in charge here, I'm so pleased I'm not in America at the moment)

4. Whom do you find yourself missing more than you would've predicted?

I'm in contact with most of my friends virtually, but not being able to get to Sydney is stinging a bit more than I like to admit to.

5. What brings you the most joy? Not happiness, not contentment -- JOY.

Cuddles. Hence why I'm missing Sydney trips.

6. Do you find yourself regretting anything you've said or done on social media?

Not yet. I'm very careful what I put on social media, trying to remain fairly balanced and positive. I'm thankful for it as it's how I keep up with most of my friends now.

7. What are your favorite and least favorite things about your body and face?

Favourite things about me: My eyes and hair.
Least favourite things: That I look at food and I put on weight.

8. and your life?

Most favourite things: Writing, reading, friends, food, my small panther.
Least favourite things: Being locked up at home, having the gym closed, seeing my friends suffer under the current conditions.

9. How's the self-isolation affecting your libido?

I'm always horny so there's no change.

10. Which three places in the physical universe would you most like to visit?

  • Japan
  • Angkor Wat
  • Seattle / San Francisco / Las Vegas / Colorado - Western America is high on the list
  • Morocco
  • The Bungle Bungles and the Kimberleys
This is a very short list. It is a lot longer. 


11. On whom did you have a crush years ago? Have you ever told them?

How can I tell Clive Owen that I've had a crush on him for over a decade - we've barely been in the same country for 20 years - but he did do that wonderful film, The Boys are Back, near where I come from:



12. How have your religious views changed since you were in high school?

In high school I would have called myself a Christian  - or more to the point a Methodist. I'm now no longer a Christian - gave back my Jesus ticket thirty years ago as it never made sense to me. I'm now a funny mix of Wiccan, Agnostic, Kabbalist, Hindu, Humanist. I like being a part of lots of things, not just one. Basically, I'm spiritual, rather than religious.

13. If you could change one law, what would it be?

I'd be making it illegal for Australia to run the concentration camps on Manus and Nauru which they have been running for nearly ten years.

14. If you could add one commandment to the original ten, what would it be?

Thou shalt think before you open your mouth.

Today's Song:


6 comments:

Susan said...

I like your panther. God did give us free will. I was raised Methodist and I am a born again Christian. Enjoy your Sunday.

Stacy said...

I think we will all have a greater appreciation for what we have and be better behaved toward each other when this is over...for a while. Unfortunately, I believe in time it will be back to business as usual. We humans have historically had very short memories.

Love that 11th commandment of yours!

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

The whole poltical system worldwide needs to change in my opinion.

It won't though, sadly.

:o|

Cheers

PM

Me, Myself, and I said...

#3 was great. "Muppets in charge" bahahahahaha. I would PAY for muppets in charge instead of the idiot we're stuck with.

CountryDew said...

We'd be better off if there were muppets in charge here in the USA. I answered that I was more "spiritual" than religious, too.

Kwizgiver said...

Oooh--Clive Owen! He's dishy!

Thank you for the Beatles today.