Friday, March 20, 2020

Biting the Bullet

After a quiet day at work here in the lounge room. I did  a bit of shopping once I'd logged off at 5 pm.

I bought a cat igloo, a little tray and a cat carrier.

I'm biting the bullet and I hope to get a cat tomorrow.

I've called the shelter, which is out in the Yarra Valley. He seems like a sweet boy - in need of a Mum. He was handed in after his Dad had a change in circumstances. He allegedly likes other male cats, but he'd be better off in a home with some quiet people.

See! How could I not want to take him home?

Image may contain: cat and text

Only think is he's currently called Reggie. Reg was my grandfather's name. So if he comes home with me I think I'll have to change his name.

I think Lucifer Morningstar is great name for a black cat.

I've always wanted a black cat. And I can see him being a Lucifer. I just want to be able to say, "Lucifer!" and roll my eyes like this:


Anyway, we'll see what goes down tomorrow afternoon. I'm driving out to the Yarra Valley to meet this beastie.

I hope we like each other.


Today's Song:


1 comment:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Well done you. We have had four black cats over the past 20 years, fat Jasper who sadly died last year, Spike who adopted us for two years and then vanished, fiery Liqourice who we adopted when her owners moved abroad but sadly died a couple of years ago and timid Poppy who is still here at the rip old age of 18. Lucifer is the best name for a black cat and when we get another (after Poppy leaves us - not thinking about that yet - she is still going strong) I might consider it. Mrs PM agrees as we are both huge fans of Lucifer.

Great tune by the Thompson Twins too.

:o)

Cheers

PM