Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Coronavirus Questions - Again

I know I posted these a few days ago, but things are changing at a stupid rate, I am going to do them again.

On the good side of things,despite the fact we're about to be locked down here in Australia, I now have company. I've adopted a small panther (read black short haired domestic cat, but he likes to think he's a panther) His name is Lucifer. Full name Reginald Lucifer Morningstar Behr, but he's just Lucifer to me. He's awesome. And settling well. I think I've done pretty well for a second-hand cat. (#adoptdontshop

Image may contain: cat

It's shocking how quickly things are changing.

Questions were sourced by Bev at Sunday Stealing, first placed on my blog a few days ago.

1. Has the COVID-19 affected your work environment?

I'm not working from home exclusively. I was going to go into the office on Tuesday to get my flu shot, but as I think we're going into lock down on Tuesday this may not be happening now. I now have a new workmate too - Lucifer. He's going to be a treat on conference calls.

2. How are you feeling about the Coronavirus?

I'm pissed off about it. I wish it never happened. Mind you, it might be the wake up call we need.

3. Has anybody you know been tested / have you?

Yes. My sister. She came back with a negative result, which is what she thought would happen. She, like me, has a cough for half the year - and she'd gone to the doctors  about a sinus infection. She didn't meet the testing criteria, but the doctor tested her anyway.

4. Do you have any friends stuck in any exotic locations?

My friend who was stuck in Argentina has got as far as New Zealand, where she is in lockdown for the next fortnight. My friend doing the Camino has made it back to Melbourne and she is locked down in Brunswick.

5. Have you changed any of your personal habits due to the pandemic?

Same as before, I'm washing my hands a lot more and using hand sanitiser a lot more.I'm also counting my blessings. I have a lot of them to count.

6. What is the craziest thing you've seen or heard about the outbreak?

Pretty much half the stuff out of America (including the nutter in Stacey's comments) Also seeing a full beach at Bondi the other day - far too many people there under the circumstances. They've since closed the beach.

7. Do you think our politicians are doing enough to curb the crisis?

They're doing more for the economy than the health services, but that's what you get when you elect Conservatives. However, they are finally taking this seriously and taking drastic action.

8. Have you stockpiled anything because of the crisis?

I've got a bit more in than usual, but nothing too bad. I have a fortnight's worth of cat food here - Lucifer won't go hungry.

9. What do you think you will miss the most if you are subject to a lock in?

Decent coffee. Eating out. Fresh air (I don't even have a balcony). Ask me next week - we're about to get locked down.

10. What is the weirdest rumour you've heard about the virus?

I don't know who told people, but why would toilet paper run out if people have a virus that doesn't attack your gastrointestinal tract?

11. Do you have a favourite meme about the virus?

I quite liked this:

Coronavirus memes

12. Has the virus made you grateful for anything?

Yes. My ordinary life. Movie theatres. Fresh air. Walking outside. Going to work. There are lots of things to be grateful for. Especially my friends.

13. Have any of your plans been upset by the outbreak?

I talked about this last time - but it looks like tomorrow will be the last time I get to see my wonderful trainer for a few weeks at least. The gym is closing tomorrow for an undetermined period.

14. Are you planning do to anything different because of the COVID-19 outbreak?

Yes, as of tomorrow I'm going to do intermittent fasting and keep my calories right down. Well that is the objective.

Also, I will be going on a lot of virtual coffee dates.

15. What do you hope to see in six months time?

I pray that we are nearly back to normal and that people are a lot nicer to each other.

 16. Has the Coronavirus upset your mental health in any way?

I'm being very vigilant about my mental health. Making sure I'm checking in with friends and being kind to myself. But I'm doing okay.

Today's Song: (Change the lyrics as you wish :) )



6 comments:

Stacy said...

Well, hello to your new roomie! He's a handsome fellow (I've always been partial to black or black and white cats) and I'm sure he is a wonderful distraction from all this virus stuff. You are the first I've seen who has admitted to being angry. Good for you. I think we are all feeling it in addition to fear and sadness, but we're all being so careful to be positive. Thanks for supplying these questions and getting us all thinking and talking.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Lucifer looks like all of the black cats I have had - very cute.

I'm not a big fan of social media but in this crisis it is helping people sta in touch.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Lori said...

Awww, Lucifer is adorable! He will be good company in this mess. This too shall pass is what I keep telling myself. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Hang in there my friend. Thank-you for the meme! I think it is good for us to talk about things. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bev Sykes said...

Thanks for the questions!

I happened to see the broadcast of a footy game last night, from a big stadium in Melbourne...which was entirely empty, save for the game!

Kwizgiver said...

Thank you for the thoughtful questions. It will be interesting to revisit them in six weeks or so.

CountryDew said...

Nice cat! When I first saw the questions, I almost didn't want to answer them because there is so much crazy going on here in the USA, but I'm glad I answered them. Thanks for sharing them.