Saturday, January 6, 2024

Sunday Stealing: Favourites

 It is Saturdauy. I go back to work on Monday after three weeks off - and it feels like I had a proper break. Never a bad things. But did I get everything done that I wanted to over this last three weeks? Of course not. As always, I am doing a question, then doing a job around the place. It seems to get things done. It's a good tactic. 

Questions, as always, have been provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. Favorite food

That has to be either Mum's roast lamb or ice cream of any denomination. 

We had a big dinner at Mum's when I was home and we had roast lamb, but it was a bit different - all infused with garlic and rosemary, which was lovely, but I really did have a hankering for mint sauce - make with mint from the garden, some vinegar, sugar and hot water. Ah well. As I said, it was still lovely. 

2. Favorite color

Red. Pillarbox or English phone box red in particular. 


I'm also fond of Petrichor blue and teal green. 

3. Favorite Animal

Does my cat, Lucifer, count? 

I do love cats, but I love most animals. I collect small elephants. Panda is my moniker. I adore the seal house at the zoo. I love communing with the kangaroos at Mum's place (in other words we have a chat. I say banal things like, "G'day, Skip," and they look back at me blankly - but they are gorgeous). 

But my black house cat, or small panther, is my favourite animal. I have to say that, even if he can be a prick. 

4. Favorite thing to do on a cold day

This is a strange question to ask in the middle of summer, but I love hunkering down on a cold day and reading a book. Or if it's not too horrid outside, then a trip to a gallery never goes astray. 

5. Favorite vacation spot

I have too many favourite vacation spots. 

In Asia, I'm fond of Ubud in Bali. 

This year I found out I love the South of France, but Paris is pretty awesome too, but so is Spain. And the UK. 

Around Australia, hanging around the Fleurieu Peninsula is always good. 

6. Favorite TV show

I'm not sure I have a favourite television show - there are too many good ones out there, especially those that come out of the HBO stable. The ones that spring to mind include: 

  • Six Feet Under
  • Mad Men
  • True Blood
  • Ted Lasso
  • Frasier
  • Drop the Dead Donkey
  • Downton Abbey

7. Favorite Mythical creature

I'm very fond of unicorns, not that I have ever seen one. I'm also a bit in awe of the Marvel universe for coming up with the flurken. Flurkens are awesome. 


And more Flurkens



8. Favorite fairy tale

Cinderella. Old school here. 

9. Favorite thing to draw

I'm not much for drawing, however, when I doodle, I tend to draw five sided stars. 

10. Favorite scent

I have a couple of these too. 

When it comes to perfume, I'm currently wearing one of the following: 

  • Juliette's has a gun's Not a Perfume or Lady Vengeance
  • Chanel Number 5
  • Jo Malone's Red Roses
  • And not that it's available any more, but Stella by Stella McCartney was awesome. 
If we are talking general scents, then my favourite smells are: 
  • Dog's paws in the morning
  • Biscuits baking
  • Roast meat and vegetables
  • Roses
  • Freshly cut grass

11. Favorite mode of transportation

Boats. Bigger boats preferably, but little boats, like row boats and punts are good too. I love being on the water. 

12. Favorite vegetable

Is the potato classed as a vegetable. I love potatoes a bit too much. 

Then again, parsnips are great in winter. 

And I'm a sucker for fresh asparagus and broccolini. 

13. Favorite candy

I'm a white chocolate fiend. Love white chocolate. Over here, there is a Lindt bar which has white chocolate and roasted hazelnuts and it is amazing. 


If it's straight lollies (what we call candy) then I'm a fan of the jube, the jelly snake and the butterscotch hard toffee - like Werthers. 

Australia has a very particular lolly (candy / sweetie, if you are in the UK) diaspora. It is parochial and it is ours for the loving. It can also vary from state to state, to which the humble fruchoc is proof. 


14. Favorite sport

I'm not that big not sport. I don't mind watching Australian Rules Football in the winter or Cricket in the summer, but I don't have to partake. I also like watching Rugby Union for the Haka. That's very cool. 

15. Favorite weather

Give me a overcast, cool day in Winter. Not too windy, not too rainy. I used to love living in London for the weather. It was just up my alley. 

Today's song: 

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

My favorite Lindt was milk chocolate with peanut butter, but they don't make that any more. I always make lamb with garlic (but not rosemary) and always serve with mint jelly (store bought)

Roger Owen Green said...

I always enjoy lamb when I have it, but I don't find it on American menus too often, and when it is, it's usually around Easter.