Saturday, January 20, 2024

Sunday Stealing: Technology Focus

I gotta say, it is nice to have an evening with the cat. As much as I love to travel, I like having a day with the lad. I think he's happy I'm back from interstate too. It was only for a night, and people were popping into check on him and feed him, but I know he's glad I'm home. 

Today's interesting questions come, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. If you could have a remote control that could pause time, what would you do with it?

I would love to be able to pause the world, just before a bomb drops and to clear out all of the people so they weren't killed and maimed. It's a nice thought, but it would never happen. 

2. What's the silliest thing you believed as a child that you wish were true now?

I was one of those kids that was told that eating the crusts of your bread would make your hair go curly. Now, I rather wish this did happen. Think of all the savings you'd get on hair products. 

3. If your life had a theme song that played every time you entered a room, what song would it be?

I'd like something upbeat but unobtrusive - and a bit edgy. Maybe Cecelia Ann by The Pixies would be a good choice. It also has no words, so they wouldn't get stuck in people's heads. 

4. If you were a vegetable, and someone accidentally ate you, what would you want them to say after the first bite?

Probably "What the f%^& do you think you're doing?" Daft question. 

5. If you were a flavor of ice cream, which one would you be, and why?

Probably something a bit out of the ordinary like wasabi and white chocolate. A little bit spicy, but a little bit plain and very unexpected. 

6. What's the strangest thing you've ever googled or searched for on the internet?

I am a writer, so I am always googling strange things. If they were to ever uncover my search history, they might be horrified at times. But here are a few things I've google lately: 

  • Margaret Pole
  • The Masonic Funeral service from the Lauderdale ritual
  • Some strange sexual practices
  • Joanna Lumley's age
  • Things to do in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

7. If your pet could suddenly talk, what do you think it would say to you first?

Lucifer would probably say something like, "Why are you sleeping in my bed?' or "Why do you kiss me so much, you mad cat lady?"

8. If you were a character in a video game, what would be your special move?

That would probably be something like boring the tits off people with strange eighties music references. 

9. What's the most bizarre item you've ever bought online?

It depends on your definition of bizarre. This isn't that bizarre, but I had a wrought iron hair pin confiscated at the airport before Xmas. I bought it in Sommieres so there was a bit of sentimental value to it. Anyway, I went on to Etsy to find something similar. What I got wasn't the same, but they were a good alternative (and if the same tour runs next year, I'll be asking somebody to get me another.) I showed a friend my haul. They asked me who was I going to stab. 

10. If you could replace the sound of one everyday activity with your own voice, which activity would you choose?

I wouldn't do this. I don't like the sound of my voice. It's too breathy. 

11. If you were a punctuation mark, which one would you be, and how would you punctuate people's sentences?

I would be a semi-colon - mainly because people don't know what to do with them. Just like me. 

12. If you could have any celebrity be your personal assistant for a day, who would it be, and what tasks would you assign them?

I'd love Henry Cavill to be my assistant for the day. Yes, he's pretty to look at, but with shoulders like that, he could move furniture about the place. Can I put in an order for a Henry Cavill now, please. 



13. What would be the worst "buy one, get one free" sale item ever?

Bananas. I would have no use for that. I don't like bananas. 

14. If you could trade places with any fictional character from a book or movie, who would it be, and what would you do differently in their story?

Oh, that would be Pelagia from Captain Corelli's Mandolin. There are all sorts of things I would change about what she did after the war - the first being opening her eyes and going further than Kefalonia. 

15. If you had to live inside a TV show for a month, which show would you pick, and why?

I'd love to be in Sex and the City just to live in Manhattan and to be able to afford it. 


Today's song:

4 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I like that Pixies song (never heard it before). I've just added it to my long list of Spotify "Liked" songs.

Ha Ha - I had to laugh at "some strange sexual practices" - that's very brave of you.

You can't have Henry Cavill - Mrs PM has him. He is useful for moving heavy objects though.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

Wasabi and white chocolate? Yuck!!!

Roger Owen Green said...

I always use the semicolon in a list of cities and states (or countries): Albany, NY; Charlotte, NC; San Diego, CA, e.g.

CountryDew said...

I never figured out how Carrie Bradshaw could afford to live in NYC just from what little writing she did. She had to have a trust fund somewhere.