Tuesday, April 16, 2024

What happens in Darwin

 Things to know about Darwin:

1. This is the only job where I have seen all of my workmates in their bathers.

2. This is the only job I’ve ever had where I end up singing Hoodoo Gurus songs in the swimming pool with one of the senior managers.

3. This is the only job I have ever had where I have spoken to First Nations people on a heart level.

4. For two dollars, Coles does a little pack of two tiny cupcakes with hundreds and thousands on top. They are brilliant when you want a piece of cake that don’t want to buy the whole thing.

5. Going to book group on your phone is not the same as having decent Internet and being able to sit on Zoom on a laptop. 

6. I miss my cat.

7. There is something very right about having a gin and tonic in the swimming pool, whole singing Hoodoo Gurus songs.

8. I like the books of Elif Shafak. But some are better than others.

9. I am still tired, but not exhausted like yesterday.

10. Dictating your blog into the phone is sometimes the easiest way to do things. The dodgy Internet at the hotel means that typing it on my laptop is very slow.

That will do.

Today’s song:

No comments: