Friday, May 16, 2014

Blog-a-Day May: Day 16: The Day I Started Blogging

It's Day 16 of "Blog-a-Day May", I'm feeling not that crash hot, this flue virus/cold/flu thing is still lingering, providing glorious loud, wet cough at frequent intervals - writing is about the last thing I want to do at the moment. 

So it was google to the rescue. Type in "What to Blog About When You Don't Feel Like Blogging."

One answer came out, "What were you thinking about when you started your blog?"

Me, I originally stated this blog because I was going to attempt a marathon later that year.

That was five years and five half marathons later.

It's still on the bucket list.

Related news, this weekend is the Great Ocean Road Marathon. Desi, my protegee from a few years ago is attempting her first marathon - actually it's a bit longer - the Great Ocean Road marathon is 45 kilometres - three over the normally prescribed 42.2 kms. 

I'm so very proud of her,

Here I am, lungs full of crap, spent a gentle hour at the gym last night and I slept for nine hours after Great. The extra sleep is because I'm sick. I can't wait to get walking and running again. 

It will happen.

Mind you, five years on, this blog has talked about all sorts of things, not only running.

I hope to get back to running sooner rather than later. 

However, now I'm going to have a shower and another early night in hopes of shaking this bug once and for all.



2 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I can't believe you still have the bug.

I know for a fact that I will never run a marathon - not even a half marathon.

I did run a quarter of a marathon in my youth but I guess that doesn't really count.

:0)

Cheers

PM

Jackie K said...

You've been doing great - love the way you've come up with quite good blog topics every day this month.