Monday, May 5, 2014

Blog-a-Day May: Day Five: Forty minutes to Spare

Today:

Walked to and from work
Survived a day of "Death by PowerPoint"
Chaired three phone conferences
Survived a Freemasons meeting.
Pondered why it is I find this one bloke at Freemasons rather attractive in a nerdy way
Pondered what it would be like not to have a mason's meeting tonight
Thought about going to the gym tomorrow morning before work
Told myself to stop kidding myself about going to the gym before work
Thought about what the people in the new role I start on Thursday might be like
Made a call to try and find a podiatrist.
Baulked at the though of doing more PowerPoint tomorrow.
Read a bit more of the most excellent "Burial Rites" by Hannah Kent.
Thought about inquiring about Masters programs in Creative Writing or Law
Thought about making an appointment to see the doctor for my 45-year-old check up, then thought the better of it.
Talked to two recruitment consultants
Instructed two recruitment consultants to call me back in early June
Marvelled at the autumnal colours in Fitzroy Gardens on the walk to and from work
Got very envious about cute Freemason bloke going on the Camino de Compostella de Santiago
Admonished myself for thinking that cute Freemason bloke was cute.
Learned that my new office is on the 33rd Floor.
Praying I have a window seat or at least a desk with a view.
Made my lovely Sikh colleague laugh by describing Bhangra dancing as "Screwing in the lightbulb and patting the dog."
Repaid a coffee debt to a work colleague
Thought about why is it most of the guys I've ever gone out with have been a bit like Cleaver Greene from "Rake".
Talked to Jonella about this and that.
Blasted a telemarketer who called my landline
Wore my new Mary Janes to work for the first time - and they are really comfortable.
Glared at my ironing pile
Took out the rubbish - ensuring that the recycling was separated from the rubbish.l
Took a shower while the coffee was on the stove.
Got out of the shower with a head full of conditioner to go and turn off the coffee that was ready on the stove (joys of an Italian stovetop pot)
Mopped up puddles on the kitchen floor made after racing from the shower to turn off the coffee.
Did my Lumosity.com training.
Wondered how it is that I'm in the 90th percentile for Attention for my age in my Lumosity.com stats.
Checked that Tony Abbott wasn't passing in the opposite direction when I passed Treasury Place.
Said hello to three dogs that I passed.
Thought about walking the Camino
Thought about going to Japan
Thought about what I'm going to wear tomorrow.
Thought about what I'm going to wear on Thursday when I change roles.
Accepted two LinkedIn invites - one solicited, one unsolicited, but the unsolicited one was from a fellow I will be working with from Thursday.
Thought about plotting out my novel
Pondered what I would put on this blog post.

Didn't think it would look like this.

And that was my day.



3 comments:

Jackie K said...

Actually makes a pretty good post! Sounds like a good sort of a day.
Do the GP visit - I just did.

Pandora Behr said...

Will do the GP visit (though i'm still in the two year period for "that" test. Will happen soon.

Did find a podiatrist. That is a win.

MedicatedMoo said...

Oooh, I might have to copy this post!

Laughed at :"Made my lovely Sikh colleague laugh by describing Bhangra dancing as "Screwing in the lightbulb and patting the dog." "