Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Maybe

I opened Scrivener for  the first time in months last night. 

Scrivener, you ask? 

It's novel writing software, used for plotting, developing etc longer works. There's a one time, rather cheap license fee and Bob's your uncle. It's easy to use. 


It's a great tool. 

It's also scary. 

BECAUSE I HAVE SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TO DO!

But then I sit back and breathe. 

And remember my process.

And know that it will take at least a million written words to write a 100,000 word novel. 

And I remember that my ideas are sound. 

And I tell myself that I can do this. 

And Scrivener is just a representation of my disorganised mind with some of the bits solidified. I'm not cringing at what's on my Scrivener board - I just wish there was more. 

But as I'm going into a productive patch, where stuff gets done. Exercise, weight loss, reading, writing all go into hyperdrive, I may as well ride this wave. 

All I have to do is to remember to breathe. 

And have a bit of faith in myself. 

And in the words of the legendary Catherine Deveny, "Pull your finger out, get over yourself and get on with it. "

And May the Fourth be with you. 


Today's Song:



No comments: