Friday, May 7, 2021

The Dull Weekend

Maybe I shouldn't be celebrating this, but I have absolutely nothing on this weekend.

Nothing. 

Zip.

Nada. 

Other than the regular visit to the gym, food shopping, washing and ironing, I have nothing on.

Of course, I might go and finish the paining. There are architraves which need painting. 

And then there's writing to be done. We know this. 

But are no catch up with friends. No dinners, or plays. I might go see a movie, but I'll do that on my own. 

I walked home again tonight, enjoying the marvellous weather and the exercise. 

I was supposed to have a quick chat with somebody about the Masons tonight. It was supposed to be a quick chat. We talked for three hours. That put pay to any writing tonight. 

But now that is done, there is nothing left to do. 

I should look at this dull weekend as an opportunity to see what can really be done. 

And this fact, by itself, is exciting. 


Today's Song: 



No comments: