Sunday, June 27, 2021

Getting to know you

 It is Sunday. I've been to pump. Jay is happy because the Roos won yesterday and Sydney is in lockdown, which makes a change, especially as they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the fold, but not after sending cases to Melbourne, Queensland and the Northern Territory.

And yes, I can spell schadenfreude. 

Questions, as always come from Bev at Sunday Stealing

   1. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?

I'm not overly fond of surprises. I'm a bit of a control freak. Nice surprises, like when people turn up with cake - they're good surprises. I like them. That an airline steward flew five domestic routes with COVID without being contacted by the New South Wales contact tracers. Bad surprise. Who knew?

   2. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read?

Reading and watching movies are my big things for an eving of entertainment. I don't mind the odd trivia night, but I don't play many games. All my relatives live interstate, so that's a bit of a moot point. 

   3. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?

As I like the cold and the Wilderness, I think I'd prefer to go to Alaska - though Hawaii looks rather fun - and it's only 10 hours flight away from Melbourne. 

   4. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?

As wonderful as it would be to win the lottery, the perfect job that pays well and gives you some satisfaction would be better. it also plays into my work ethic. 

   5. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?

1993. Not that I want to go back there, but it was a bit of a 'Sliding Doors' moment and I'd like to see what would have happened if I took the other door, so to speak. 

   6. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?

Coffee. And yes, I drink decaf, bit it is all about the ritual. Besides, I life in Melbourne, coffee capital of the world. We pride ourselves on our coffee - even my ubiquitous almond decaf lattes. 

   7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Far too many. How many do I wear regularly - four or five pairs. And yes some are summer sandals, and some are boots which I really need to put on ebay. 

   8. What would you do if you won the lottery?

Buy a house - and travel - if they ever let us out of the country. (We basically can't leave Australia without a very good reason, and a lot of quarantine at both ends - fun, eh?)

   9. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.)

I quite like public transport, particularly for long haul trips. I love being on boats - always have done. Train trips are great for getting your reading done. I've done enough flying to enjoy that too. Melbourne has its trams, which are a great way to get around. I think the one aspect of public transport I don't like is buses. Too at the mercy of traffic - and you meet strange people on buses. 

   10. What's your favorite zoo animal?

I'm very, very fond of the seals. Could watch them all day. 


   11. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?

I was offered some counselling back at uni - I wish I'd gone through with it. I wasn't ready to hear that at the time, but I still think it would have been good to get a handle on my depression earlier. 

   12. How many pillows do you sleep with?

Four, but only two are under my head as they are pretty flat and need replacing. One is for cuddling, the other one is for the cat. 

   13. What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)?

About 48 hours. I get the odd bout of insomnia, which I hate. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often. 

   14. What's the tallest building you've been to the top in?

It's a bit of a toss up between the Eureka Tower here in Melbourne (297 metres) and the Rockerfeller Tower in New York (266 metres) Thing is, you go outside when you go up the Rockerfeller tower - at the Eureka, you're one floor down and behind glass. 

   15.  What are your hobbies?

Writing, baking, going to the gym, walking and reading. 

Today's song: 



2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I chose the perfect job, too. You're closer to Hawaii than I am!

Bev Sykes said...

Loved the seals!