Sunday, June 20, 2021

Love me some surveys

 Another weekend, another quiz. Thankfully the washing is done, the book group book has been read again and all the necessary things have been completed. Thank goodness. 

Questions, as always, have been supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing


1. Ignoring nutrition, could you live off veggies for the rest of your life?

Oh, here we go - there are a few.  Potatoes, sweet potatoes. pumpkin, mushrooms, asparagus, rocket, lettuce, capsicum (bell peppers), celery, eggplant (aubergine) rocket (arugula), cabbage... Strangely, I like my veggies. Easier to ask what I could live without - and that would be cauliflower and broad beans (all other beans are fine). 

2. Elaborate on a way you have volunteered?

I used to volunteer at all of the Melbourne Writer's festivals a while ago. That was great - I used to drive the writers around from the hotel to the Festival venue. It was fantastic. I met some great people. 

3. Can you walk in heels, or do you feel awkward in them?

I'm fine in low heels and medium block heels. Anything highter than a two inch heel and I look like I'm walking like a bad drag queen. 

4. Any TV shows you sit down weekly to watch?

One or two. I've watched a show called Doctor Doctor from the first episode and I like sitting down and watching it on a Wednesday night. With this new binge culture you miss the feeling you get waiting for the next episode. Thankfully The Bold Type and Younger they're feeding us a weekly episode. 

5. Will you tell someone if there’s something in their teeth?

Yes. I like to know when there's something on my teeth - happily return the favour. Better you know. 

6. Do you ever actually make your bed?

Yes, every day. It's the first thing I do after having a shower. I don't leave home without making the bed. As my mother used to say, what would the burgulars think?

7. Do you make an effort to eat healthy?

All the time. Sure, I slip, but I do make a good effort to eat sensibly. 

8. What kind of booze did you last take shots of?

I haven't done shots in years. The last neat alcohol I had was some very nice single malt whisky which I sipped on about a week ago. No point doing shots. I prefer doing nice, quiet European style drinking. 

9. What’s something you want to purchase next time you’re at the mall?

I have to do my food shopping later tonight. I saw some nice bowls at one of the homewear shops as well, thinking about getting those. 

10. What were you doing at 10:00 this morning?

I was at the gym packing up after pump class. 

11. What do you miss the most about your past?

I miss living in London. I really miss living in London. I loved that part of my life. 

12. Last time you were really happy?

I was strangely happy last year when I was doing the Faber Novel Writing course. I loved that. It really gave me a sense of purpose. 

13. Did you get a full 8 hours of sleep last night?

I have no idea - I live on 6 hours sleep a night - that is my normal sleeping arrangement. I think I got eight hours a few weeks ago after a couple of days of insomnia. I really needed that sleep. 

14. Have you spoken to your mother or father today?

I spoke to my mum after the gym today - we normally call each other on Sunday. 

15. Are you good at filling awkward silences? 

Yeah. I can talk to anybody. 

Today's Song: 

No comments: