Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Traitor

Lockdown: Day 6

Mood: Just okay, Want chocolate. Can't have chocolate. 


I woke to an empty bed this morning. 

On rising, and going out to the living room, I found this. 


Exactly this pose. Exactly the same place. 

He didn't sleep next to my legs, which is where he normally sleeps. He slept on the couch. 

I wander what I have done to deserve this. 

I like sleeping with the cat. I like waking up to find him snuggled up next to me, not that he stays there once I'm awake.

As I write this, he's sitting next to me on the windowsill, where he deigns to let me pat him or kiss his back. 

But he slept on the couch last night, and I think he's a bit of a traitor. 

Don't I do enough for him? I mean, I feed him, brush him (not that he likes it that much, but it's good for him). I clip his toenails and clear his poo box daily for turds. I'm nice to him.  My right arm looks like his scratching post. 

Is this payback for bringing him into an online meeting yesterday? 

Doesn't he love me any more? 

How can I gain his love back? 

I don't know what more I can do. 

Today's song: 



No comments: