Thursday, June 24, 2021

How to make me smile

The message came through early. 

It read "Here ya go", and had the following clip attached. 

The so called friend who sent this to me knows of my love for this wonderful little ditty. 

I mean, have you watched the clip lately?The song came out the year I was born and the clip above is from around 1977 and it's been done again and again and it's still funny. 

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia. 

It wasn't the first time this was done by the Muppets. It's got two little girls singing he chorus and an early version of Animal, who is nowhere near as good (I love Animal, he's one of my favourites). 


And yes, the tune gets stuck in your head, whether you like the Doo Doo pink muppets, or Animal and his scatting Lullaby on Birdland. 

Of course, the best bit when Kermit comes on late in the piece, looking very confused. 

There are webpages dedicated to the song.

It's been done again and again.

And for anybody who's worked with me, they will have this happen to them. I'm Gareth in this situation. 


And it never fails to make me smile. 

Today's song:

No comments: