Monday, August 9, 2021

11 p.m. Randomness

When you wake at 11 p.m. after a long day, where you've worked and exercised and read and you fall asleep with your foot curled up next to a sleepting cat, and you realise you haven't done your blog post and you realise you rather be back in bed  with your food curled around the sleeping cat. That's me now. 

And then you realise you have nothing to say. That's me too. 

This is called dedication. Getting up, taking your nice warm foot from the cat's back. Dedication I tell you.

So here is a list of things that went right today:

  1. I've nearly finished knitting another beret. Once finished, this one will be sent to my colleague in Yarraville via the post. Heaven knows when we'll be in an office again. My team members are currently being knitted hats during boring meetings. I'm knitting a hat at the rate of one a week. 
  2. Spring is in the air. Not that I want Spring to be in the air, but it was nice to be walking after work in the twilight without the extra layer. 
  3. The happiest place in the world is the local dog park at twilight. The dogs are SOOOOOO happy. I'll go back and watch them again soon.  
  4. I woke to a cat cuddle this morning. He is very sweet. He comes, sits on my shoulder, snuggles up and purrs for about five minutes. It's only taken him 18 months, but this is now a regular occurence. 
  5. Barnaby Joyce is in lockdown in Armidale for a week. At least he's not drunk in parliament. 
  6. I managed to get the auditing task I needed to finish out of the way at work. . 
  7. After two years, the pinky nail on my left hand has nearly grown back after being decimated by fungus. Nail-Tek antifungus drops are the best. 
  8. I've made my 10000 steps today. I've nearly caught up on the steps I owe for Thursday and Friday. Strapping my knee has made this possible. So has Voltaren gel and ice packs. Walking challenges and a bung knee don't mix that well, but we're getting there
  9. I bought myself a Disney subscription for my birthday so I can finally see Hamilton. So far, I've been catching up on Grey's Anatomy. Go figure. 
  10. And that will do for the day. 
I'll go back to my bed now and curl my foot back around the cat. 

Today's song: 

Today's Cards: 

Enchanted Map Card: Metamorphosis
Archetype Card: The Hermit
Cards Against Humanity: What helps Barack Obama unwind?  Concentual sex. 

No comments: