Saturday, August 28, 2021

Lack and freedom

 They were out of the strangest things at the supermarket this evening. Okay, I left my weekly food shop a bit late, and due the the curfew, Coles is closing at 8.30 pm - which when you're used to being able to do your shopping even later, it's a bit strange that the shelves felt a bit empty. 

But I was after some very diverse items. And they were out. 

First up. There were no fresh limes available. I like these with my gin and tonics. Not today. No limes. Some wonky lemons, with thick skins. They would have to do . Strangely, I went down the spice aisle and there was no pre-squeezed lime juice. Obviously people are either drinking a truck load of G&Ts or Tequila,. or they are having either Thai or Mexican for dinner. 

So I went on. 

The next item on my shopping list - miso soup. A trick my naturopath put me onto is if you find yourself hungry, drink a cup of miso soup. It kills hunger pangs dead. But Coles was out of Miso Soup - which I find a bit strange. Again, maybe with al this home cooking going on people are making Japanese. Or maybe they've been talking to my naturopath. 

Oh, then there's the ironing water debacle.  Coles used to do this lovely ironing water - water you put in your iron. The scent I really loved was the jasmine and orchid scent. Now they have this Tropical Blossom scent which smells of three day old frangipanis and the worst Bali has to offer. The stuff still shows online, but it is never on the shelves at the local and this pisses me off. I like my ironing to smell nice. Just as I love it that I got all of my washing dried on the line today. It was the perfect drying day today. Sunny and a little breezy. It would be wonderful if these were ironed up with a hint of jasmine and orchid. Oh well. 

At least there was plenty of loo paper. No chicken  - not that I buy chicken from the supermarket any more. The butcher in the shopping centre is far better for anything to do with meat. 

This is the second night I've been out and about after dark, but before the curfew sets in. I also got some takeaway for dinner and filled the car up with petrol. It was nice to be out at night, even if I'm cruising the suburb in my car, listening to my audio book and for those twenty or so minutes, I regale in the normality of doing something normal, even if it is bending the rules. I'm on my own. I'm within five kilometres of the door. I'm not out after curfew. I had a reason to be out (weekly shop) 

This is my little slice of freedom. 



Today's song: 



Today's Cards: 

The Enchanted Map Cards: Movement
Archetype Cards: Knight
What did Vin Diesel eat for dinner? Half a kilo or pure China White heroin. 


No comments: