Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The new shirt

 I keep getting asked what I want for my birthday. 

Hmph. I've wanted the same thing for the last 30 odd years and I've given up that that will ever happen, so I'm going for the next best thing. 

So I bought another shirt today for myself. 

My mother put some money in my account today, and I was told I wasn't allowed to buy more gin. Okay, I was joking when I said I was going to buy another bottle (I've just run out of Archie Rose, and there is a bottle of Brogan's Way Heart's a Fire gin I'd like to add to the collection).

But I've been collecting shirts. 

There's the "In my defence, I was left unsupervised" t-shirt. It's my ratbag rallying cry. 

There's another one which reads, "Hell was boring."

And the hoodie which reads, "Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to come."

Well, a mate sent through this image tonight, and it just begged to be bought. 


I think this is going to be my mantra for the next year. 

But if Mum asks, I'll be putting the funds towards an Apple Watch. My dear old fitbit has a cracked face, though it is still working. If I put a couple of hundred dollars away over the next few months I can have a gee whizz you beaut upgrade by Christmas.

Well, it's a thought, considering I could put it into travel, but we aint going nowhere for at least a few months the way things are going. 

But we live in hope. 

And I'll wear my new t-shirt with pride. 

Underestimate me. Yeah. That will be fun. 

Just watch this space. 


Today's Song:


Today's Cards: 

The Enchanted Map: Encouragement

Archetype Cards: Femme Fatale

Cards Against Humanity: That's right, I killed...SEAN CONNERY. How, you ask... with AN OVERSIZED LOLLIPOP. 

No comments: