Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Change in Style

Chatting with my colleague's wife this morning, we both made comment that this lockdown is has changed the way we look at our styling, said as she pointed out the chemo curls on the back of my colleague's (her husband's) head. Yes, it's got down to chatting with the team's family members. As I live alone, if they are lucky, people will see a shot of Lucifer's bum every now and then. He's good at that. 

I also got to show off my curls. As I've stopped brushing my hair, preferring to comb it out wet in the morning, then letting it air dry, separating the curls out with my fingers and adding a bit of product in for good measure. It looks like I have a spiral perm now - the the ringlets go halfway down my back. When I go for a walk, I shove it all up under a cap. As I haven't been able to get to my hairdresser for well over two months, and heaven knows when that will happen again, I'm ignoring the greys at my temple and hairline. I'm not stupid enough to turn to box dye yet. My hairdresser would kill me. 

And we won't mention the state of my eyebrows and legs. I've trimmed my eyebrows, so they're okay, but I'd kill for a legwax, now a month overdue. Not that anybody seems my legs, nor would anybody notice. It's just nice to keep yourself nice. 

So I look like a hairy hippy at the moment. Nothing can be done for the while. 

But we can online shop - and I can attempt to upgrade my style a little. This has been fun. I'm good at hunting out bargains. 

So there's this cherry dress:


The things you find on Facebook Marketplace. I've been wanting something like this. It's my size and I like this pseudo-50's vibe. At $50 it's was a steal. 

There's been a change in my style. Yes, not going into work means that things have completely slackened off in the work wear department. Jeans and a t-shirt on good days. Getting dressed up for work doesn't happen any more, but surely there are better things to wear. 

Some sneaky irreverent t-shirts and hoodies are now found in my drawer. Inparticular, I like the See You Next Tuesday t-shirt, which not everybody gets. I might need to get a blue footed booby shirt too. You gotta love boobies. 


It would be wonderful to dress a bit more like a woman at the moment. While we're in lockdown, is there really any point that wearing anything other than play clothes? 

I'm hoping the cherry dress is the start of something new. 

Today's Song:


Today's Cards: 

The Enchanted Map: Slow and Steady
Archetype Cards: Saboteur
Cards Against Humanity: Coming to Broadway this Season, The Terrorists. The Musical. 


No comments: