Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Acrimony and Acceptance

 Ooh, a storm is threatening

My very life today

If I don't get some shelter

Ooh yeah I'm gonna fade away


Charlie Watts is dead and the world feels a little less cool than it was yesterday. 

I woke to this news, and my first thought was, 'Hell, and Keith Richards is still here.'

You have to remember that The Rollings Stones has been around all of my life, and Charlie has been up the back, the pinnacle of cool, like the slightly older cousin who keeps a lid on things, straight backed, smiling and never missing a beat. Loved him. A superlative drummer who drove The Stones, not that Mick, Keith, Ronnie or Bill would agree. 

But he's gone now. He was 80, the same age my Mum is now. He had been sick. And he died, peacefully, surrounded by his family. 

And good on him I say. 

But it wasn't the greatest start to the day. 

And it went down from there. 

Okay, I got a lot of work done - and a lot of knitting done in very boring meetings.

Then found myself in a shouty meeting. I wasn't doing the shouting, but watching two others go at each other. It wasn't fun. It wasn't really necessary, though I could see the frustration from both ends.

Which didn't help matters - nor did my workload meaning I didn't get out for a walk, nor close down my work computer until after six. 

Mind you, the last twenty minutes was spent talking to somebody who was having an even crapper day. The debrief was welcome. 

But we keep marching on. 

Just like Charlie Watts' beats which drive forth The Rolling Stones. 


Today's Song: 


Today's Cards:

Enchanted Map Cards: Strength

Archetype Cards: Hero/Heroine

Cards Against Humanity: In Australia, Rupert Murdoch is twice as big and twice as deadly. 


No comments: