Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August Check In - September Goals

 That time of the month again. Time to set the monthly goals. 

It's probably not the best day to do goal setting as I'm feeling a bit meh. I'm not sure if it's the wind or the change in seasons, of the never-ending lockdown. but I've been feeling meh. Creating things helps, but it's not good for getting things done at work.

Anyway, this too shall pass. 

And here's how I went last month:

Read four books. 

Done. I finished the following books: 

  • Matt Haig's The Midnight Library
  • Kiley Reid's Such a Fun Age
  • Andrew Sean Greer's Less
  • Larissa Behrendt's After Story
  • Sarah Krasnostein's The Trauma Cleaner. 

10,000 steps a day (or an accumulated 310,000 steps over the month)

Nearly. I badly twisted my knee late last month, and what with lockdown and some pretty yucky weather, I missed the goal by about 30,000 steps. But, this is not a bad result over all. Didn't raise a cracker for Breast Cancer research, but I didn't advertise it either. 

Finish the Masons' books

Yeah, nah. Maybe this weekend. Not having a printer doesn't help either. However, my tax is prepared and ready for Thursday when I have a virtual appointment with the Tax Accountants. 

And have a happy birthday. 

I had a lovely quiet birthday, thank you very much. 

And goals for September:

Read four books. 

I really like this goal. It keeps me reading (and listening to audiobooks)

10000 steps a day

I'll put this down again. Now that the weather is getting better and I'm a lot better mentally if I get out for a walk for an hour, consider it a necessity. 

Make a new dish

Heaven knows when we will be let ut of lockdown, but I think making a meal which doesn't come from the microwave might be a good thing. Make something different for a change. Yeah. 

Work on the novel for half an hour a day

Again, needs to be done. I've been doing this off an on, but I want to get a bit more traction. The goal is to have a first draft done by January. 

Watch one of those movies I've been meaning to knock off the bucket list

I have this long list of movies I haven't seen. Movies like The Godfather Trilogy, Heat, In Bruges, Schindler's List (though I have read the book)...  As we're stuck inside, maybe I could knock off one or two of these during September. 

What else am I supposed to do. 

Admittedly, I'm still not feeling it. 

Today's Song:


Today's Cards: 

Enchanted Map Cards: Flying

Archetype Cards: Gambler

Cards Against Humanity: What don't you want to find in your Mongolian beef?  A pyramid of severed heads. 

No comments: