Sunday, May 23, 2021

A-Z

 A alwyas, I have a heap of stuff to do this weekend. The most daunting job to hand is that of trimming the cat's claws - seriously, it's a horrible job and it needs to be done as the lad is putting holes in my clothing. I love the dear moggie dearly, but still, personal hygiene is personal hygiene.

On to today's questions, brought to you by Bev at Sunday Stealing

A - Annoyance:

Rude people - particularly people who are rude to waiting staff. It's not necessary and it's not on. 

B - Bestest Friend[s]:

I have a few of these - Jonella, Blarney, Geetangeli and Mariah. I've known these women for many years (Geetangeli and Mariah I've known for over thirty years) and I'm glad they're in my life. 

C - Car:

A red Mazda CX-3 named Clive. I love my car. 

D - Day or night: 

Night. You tend not to have to work at night. You have more fun at night. You sleep at night - and I like sleeping. 

E- Easiest person to talk to?:

I talk to people easily, most of the time, but I love talking with my current colleague. We can go on for ages about anything and everything - we've got silimar interests. Mind you, he never shuts up, but he's really good to talk to (except we don't ealk politics as we come from vastly different camps - but that's fine). 

F - Favorite Month:

April. It's getting cooler, but there are still some lovely days. Also, there are normally a few decent public holidays (Easter / ANZAC Day), which are never a bad thing. 

G - Gummy Bears or Worms:

Okay, I'm an Australian and Gummy Bears and Works are considered American lollies, and we are fully aware that Americans don't do great lollies (or candy as they call it). So I'll use the Australian equivalents - Jelly Babies or Sour Worms - I'll take the Sour Worms every time. I only like Jelly Babies if they're fresh out of the packet. They go stale quickly. 

H - Hair Color:

I don't really remember. It was a chestnut brown, and it's still a chestnut brown, but my hairdresser ensures that happens. 

I - Ice Cream:

Yes, please. Even better if it's Rum and Raisin, White Chocolate and Raspberry or Ben and Jerry's pretty much anything. Love ice cream. 

J - Jewelry:

I don't wear much of it. Two silver rings, one on each hand. I do wear small earings and I've often got a leather bracelet of some description on my right wrist - that is about it. 

K - Kindergarten:

I went to kindergarten many, many years ago. I think I liked it. 

L - Longest Car Ride:

We went on holiday from Adelaide to Queensland when I was a kid. In the car, it took ages. We then went up the coast a bit to Buderim. In all it was about a 5000 kilometre journey (3600 miles) I just remember it went on forever. 

M - Most missed person:

I have a few of these. I really miss Reindert - we do talk fairly regularly but he was great to have around. Occasionally I find myself missing the guy in Sydney, but I know I'm better off without him. Best not think about that. I'm going to miss my workmate who left us on Friday for another job, but that will be because of all the work we have to do without her. 

N - Number of Siblings:

Two. One sister, one step-sister. 

O - One regret:

I regret not getting counselling/therapy sooner than I did. Okay, I got it when I was ready and I was ready to handle it, but I would love to know what I might have done if I started on that journey earlier. 

P- Part of your appearance you like least?:

My stomach. It's big. I wish it was smaller. 

Q- Quote:

“Butterfly short life, Yukio says. But butterfly live forever.... - he raises a single forefinger - in one day.”

― Trent Dalton, All Our Shimmering Skies

I finished this book on Friday - very wonderful book. Butterflies mean a lot to me. 

R - Reality TV Show:

I don't watch much reality telly, but I do like Married at First Sight, mainly because it's such a clusterfuck. I'm also fond of Travel Guides and LegoMasters. But Married at First Sight is the only reality telly I watch religiously. 

S - Shoe:

I'm back into my Doc Martens again. I've got both Doc Marten shoes and boots and they are getting worn a lot at the moment. 

T - Time you woke up:

This morning, I woke at about 7.30. Didn't get out of bed until 9.30, but I woke at 7.30 and fed the cat. 

U - Unpredictable?:

Me? Not really. Sometimes, but generally I'm a creature of habit. 

V - Vegetable you hate:

I don't hate any vegetable, but I do have some preferences. I don't like: 

  • Boiled cauliflower - okay raw and covered in cheese sauce, but no just plain boiled
  • Broad beans
  • Raw or grilled tomatoes - they're okay sundried and in sauces or as part of something, but just raw tomato on the plate - no thank you

W- Worst Habits:

I have a lot of these. I'm late a lot, especially on weekend. I spend too much time on the phone... I talk too much... I watch telly shows over and over again. I put tomato sauce on most food, particularly eggs... I could go on. 

X - X-Rays:

I've had a couple - a few on my teeth. The last one I can remember having was when I was in Dublin, coming home from a big trip. They thought I had pneumonia and they gave me a chest x-ray. Wasn't fun holding my breath when all I wanted to do was cough. That was in 1993. I've had lots of ultrasounds over the years. 

Y - Year you were born:

I was born around the time Prague was invaded in the late sixties. (1968)

Z - Zoom:

I tolerate it because it is an effective way to communicate with people. Bt that is it. 

Today's Song: 

2 comments:

Me, Myself, and I said...

My brain went to .... I wonder how far it is across the whole continent of Australia then? (2,500 miles, apparently, as the crow flies) Have a great day!

Bev Sykes said...

I have hated the getting married to strangers shows. Doesn't do much to foster marriage!