Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Air Fryers and Caramilk

First there was Tupperware. And everybody swears by it. Of course, I have some Tupperware. I love my Tupperware pressure cooker. An the omelette maker. Oh and the garlic chopper. I love that when I remember to use it. 

Then along came the Thermomix. Everybody appeared to need one or want one. My sister swears by hers. I could never see the attraction of paying $2000 for something that would clutter up my kitchen bench. So I've never gone there. There is no point of me having one. 

And now the craze appears to be the air fryer. 

They started appearing in the zeitgeist about six months ago. Dev started extolling their virtues ages ago. Loves the air fryer.  

Then Jay, whose pretty good at following fads I have to day, got a little one at K-Mart and thinks it's one of the best inventions since the wheel. 

I just haven't been interested. I'm a bit of a purist in the kitchen. I like my oven. I like my utilitarian pots and pans. But Jay goes on and on about her air fryer. Actually, everybody who has one appears to go on and on about their air fryer. 

Well, I've nearly been persuaded to get one. Not that I will, but it all comes down to another Caramilk addict, Christian Hull?

Never heard of him? He's an Australian comedian. He can be crass. But he's very funny.


He's also, like me, a bit of a Caramilk addict. 

I'm actively avoiding buying Caramilk. Like all things I love (Gin, Mushroom Toasties, White Chocolate...) in excess they are really bad for you. I'm trying to limit myself to one block of Lindt White Chocolate and Roasted Almonds a month. 

But Christian Hull goes further.

 Not only does he champion that most magic block of blocks, he knows how to make it!


I really didn't need to know that. 

Nor do I need to know how to make a Caramilk Danish using an air fryer

Nor do I need to ever go down that rabbit hole that is Tic Toc again, but I really, really, really don't need an air fryer. 

Really. 

I don't. 

Today's song: 



No comments: