Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Masks On

Here we go again. 

Masks on. 

Okay, it's masks on, inside, not outside, and it's for ten days. But still...

I was just getting comfortable with only having to wear masks on public transport - but no, as of 6 pm, for the next week, it's masks on when you're inside in public areas. No more than five people in your place at any time - 30 people for gatherings in public. 

Tomorrow's flu shot has been postponed. I was going to go into the office tomorrow. That's not happening. Not because I don't want to be in the office, but because the thought of wearing a mask all day does not float my boat at all. 

The mason's meeting we were supposed to have tomorrow night has also been postponed for a fortnight. Probably be a good thing. We were supposed to be initiating somebody, but that is hard to do when you're blindfolded, masked and trying to ride a goat in an anti-clockwise direction around a flaming crucifix. 

Bets are being made as to whether we're going back into lockdown. 

I hope not. 

My only wish is that this scare, and may it just be a scare, gets people off their arses to get get vaccinated. 

I've never been happier to be at least down the track in the vaccination pool. One jab down, one to go. And some immunity is better than no immunity at all. 

In the meantime, for the next ten days, I'll be sitting in my living room, working from home. 

Oh what fun. 


Today's Song: 



No comments: