Saturday, May 8, 2021

Novel Prep

 So far today I've:

  • Done two loads of washing
  • Hung out two loads of washing
  • Taken the reycling down to the bins
  • Collected the post from the post office
  • Bought a coffee and mushroom toastie
  • Remade the bed
And it's only one 'o' clock. 

So now it's time to do some novelling. Just because. 

I'll incorporate this month's Furious Fiction into the mix. This month's criterion are:

  • The story must be set during a storm.
  • The must include the words MOTHER, APPLE, YESTERDAY
  • The story must include the phrase: SIT/SITTING ON THE FENCE
And for once in my life, I am not going to be writing the story at 9 pm on a Sunday evening. 

I've been using the Furious Fiction as a chance to get a bit more of the novel out. I've been wondering where I can place this - and I think it might be after a wedding scene I wrote for last month's Furious Fiction, where I'd set a wedding in a country town on a hot day. Maybe the storm will be when the heat breaks. The fence sitting - oh my, we can do something with this.

Sometime later: 

Well, it's nearing bed time. I've acheived a bit more now including nearly finishing a book and making what is allegedly the best chicken soup around, complete with lots of veggies, garlic, fresh ginger, fresh turmeric and  Israeli cous cous. A workmate passed on the recipe. It looks pretty awesome, but I think I'll have to freeze some of it. There is so much of it.

I've also done my 10,000 steps for the day and talked to a friend on the phone. 

Maybe it's not been as bad a day as I thought it would be. 

Today's Song: 



No comments: