Saturday, April 8, 2023

Sunday Stealing: I've come to realise

 Happy Easter to one and all. I'm having a nice, quiet weekend now it feels as if winter has really hit Melbouurne. 

So, let's get on with the weekly questions, provided, as always, by Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. I've come to realize that my chest-size ......

Is above average, but I'm used to it. I also wish I wasn't so barrel chested. Just is. 

2. I've come to realize that my job(s) ... 

Is a bit unique in that there is a lot of need for it around the place. Long may this continue. 

3. I've come to realize that when I'm driving ...

I love to have an audiobook playing. Currently I'm listening to a very good version of David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. 

4. I've come to realize that I need .... 

A lot more than I let on about. 

5. I've come to realize that I have lost .... 

the will to please people all the time. I'm getting a lot better about this. 

6. I've come to realize that I hate it when ... 

people are rude. People who are rude to waiting staff (without provocation) are scum. 

7. I've come to realize that if I'm drunk ... 

I'm normally pretty happy and I'm probably singing. Not that I've been drunk for a long time. 

8. I've come to realize that money ... 

comes and goes. Having enough money is good. Having too much or too little is not so good. 

9. I've come to realize that certain people ... 

are going to annoy the crap out of me and there is very little I can do about it. 

10. I've come to realize that I'll always ... 

look for the good in people. 

11. I've come to realize that my siblings ...

are both very strong people in their own ways. 

12. I've come to realize that my mom ... 

is human. Wish I'd let myself know that sooner. 

13. I've come to realize that my cell phone ...

is normally attached to one of my hands. I feel lost without it. 

14. I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning ...

I had to drink a hell of a lot as I was off to donate blood early this afternoon. I was pissing for England for a while. Thankfully the blood came out easily. 

15. I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep ...

I should have gone to bed an hour earlier. 


Today's song: 



3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I donated blood this week. I've donated over 170 times. The pace has slowed down because the scar tissue in my veins has made it more difficult. The previous time took 16 minutes, but this time, with a more efficient clinician, it took only 7.

Bev Sykes said...

I used to donate blood regularly, but my veins have gotten uncooperative. When they tried to take blood from me when I was in the hospital they told me it took an hour and they had to get a doctor to do it, so I don't try to donate any more.

Donna. W said...

I had Hepatitis A when I was 20, so I can't give blood. I wish I could!