Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Mac'n' Cheese Meme

I have a funny feeling this is going to be another one of those "Very American" blogs that I will end up rolling my eyes at.

Joys of being Australian. Thanks, Sunday Stealing.


Can you ever get enough of mac ‘n’ cheese?
 

I'm Australian. Mac 'n' cheese doesn't have the same draw. It is not a national food group. So no. I think the last time I had mac'n'cheese was like 20 years ago.

Are you allergic to nuts or diary products?
 

Thankfully, no.

Do you think age matters in relationships? 

No, not really. Though if I was in a relationship with a Gen Y I'd probably be up on murder charges.

Has anyone ever called the cops on you? 

No.

Did you talk to someone until you fell asleep last night? 

Only the cat.

What’s the connection between the last person you texted? 

She's my study buddy from first term.

Are you in a good mood? 

At the moment, yes. That might change.

Excited for anything? 


Not really.

Do you have a hard time controlling your emotions? 

No. On the whole I'm pretty even tempered.

Do you like your height? 

I'd love to be a little taller, but at 5'6 (166 cms) I'm okay with that. Not too short, that's the main thing.

How long have you lived in your current home? 

I've been in this flat for ten years.

Could you go a week without brushing your teeth? 

Hell no.

Have you ever given any amount of money to the homeless? 

Occasionally I've put some coins in the hat. That's all. Around Melbourne, there are a number of professional beggers. I avoid them. Would rather buy The Big Issue.

Own anything from Bath & Body Works? 

NO. I'm a sheet snob and we don't have Bath and Body Works in Australia.

Have you ever had your nails so long that they curved down at the ends?
 

Ew. No. They get a little long, but not that long.

Have you ever swallowed a bunch of salt water by accident? 

I used to swim in the sea all the time, so of course I did.

Does it take you over an hour to go to sleep sometimes? 

No. Normally I'm off to sleep in ten minutes or so.

When you get home from school/work do you change into your pjs right away? 

No. More often than not I get into my gym gear and go off to the gym.

Have you ever stayed up all night and the whole next day without any sleep? 

Yes, and it really isn't fun. Now I'm in my forties I've seen the error of my ways.

Has anyone ever told you that you have pretty feet? 

Yes, just after a pedicure.

What is the temperature currently in the town you live in? 

According to the Bureau of Meteorology, it's 14.4 degrees centigrade. Lovely. Going to be a lovely 24 degrees today. Sorry Americans, I really don't do Fahrenheit. We've been metric for over forty years.

 Do you ever actually drink milk alone?

No. I try and keep my dairy to a minimum.

8 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

You could try an "Australian Meme" perhaps.

Best avoid questions about "Winning the Ashes" though!

;o)

Cheers

PM

Smellyann said...

LOL about mac & cheese being a food group... blech!

Anonymous said...

I think I am with Smellyann on Mac n Cheese being a food group. But I can understand the thought. What comfort foods does Australia have?

Bev Sykes said...

What's "The Big Issue" ?

Pandora Behr said...

What do Australians eat as traditional comfort food? Probably mashed potatoes or hot chips (Fries, but thicker) The Big Issue is a magazine, a very good magazine, which the homeless sell around town. All proceeds go to the seller. It's a good thing.

Kwizgiver said...

I felt the same way about the tooth brushing question! EWWW!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Since you are an ocean swimmer too, you understand about swallowing saltwater. And, Mashed potatoes are a comfort food here,too,actually. Have a great week!

ShannonW said...

I wish I could fall asleep that fast. But alas, sleep eludes me at bedtime.

http://www.momentsofintrospection.com/2015/09/sunday-stealing-mac-cheese-meme.html