Sunday, August 12, 2018

7 Days: The Blazing Stars Meme

I think this is called happiness. I've just come back from a walk along the beach. Although it's the middle of winter, I'm wearing a light dress and a big cardigan. My feet got wet in the waters of the Pacific Ocean. The sun is shining. Life does not get any better than this.

And thanks for the wonderful questions, Bev, who, as always, is keeping Sunday Stealing up and running.

1 - You’re in a tattoo parlor about to get inked. What are you getting done?

I have been thinking about this lately, and it may happen again. I have thought about getting the WWF panda emblazoned on my body somewhere - probably near my other small tattoo - the Chinese symbol for love, which is on my hip. The other thought is a small, white shooting start on my left wrist. I'm not one for big tattoos on myself.

Image result for wwf

2 - If you could be any character, from any literary work, who would you choose to be?

Oh this is a hard one! There are a couple I can think of. Sugar from Michel Faber's "The Crimson Petal and the White." but without the skin condition.  I wouldn't mind being either Hermione Granger or Minerva McGonagall from the Harry Potter series.

I also have a soft soft spot for Roald Dahl's Matilda and Tilly Dunnage from The Dressmaker.



3 - You’re given $10,000…under one condition: you cannot keep the money for yourself. Who would you give it to?

One of the following charities: The Fred Hollows Foundation, the Hamlin Fistula Foundation or the Leukaemia Foundation. They all do fantastic work.

4 - If you had to go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?

I used to say it was one moment in time 20 years ago, where I made one decision, which turned history on its head for me. Now I'm not so sure. I twould be wonderful if my niece had fully recovered from leukaemia, but that was not meant to be. It would be great if she never got the horrible disease in the first place.

5 - If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?

From what I remember 1997 was a defining, but bloody horrible year. 2016 had its moments too - but no matter how bad the events, I grew from them exponentially.

6 - You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?

I think I would love to be Inigo Montoya with his sword. Because is there anything cooler than his catch cry? "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Part of me would like to be Deadpool too - just for the snappy comebacks.



7 - What is the first curse word that comes to mind?

I use the F word liberally and often. My favourite new swear word is 'twunt' - its a mix of a twat and a c*nt.

8 - Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with someone you love for ten years or someone you hate for a month? Explain why.

Probably somebody I love. It would give you the chance to deepen the relationship. Although being on an island with somebody you dislike for a month might give you some different perspectives - or you might kill them. That's a hard one.

9 - 5 things within touching distance:

Wallet, coat, coffee (well my form of coffee - an almond decaf latte), toothbrush, phone. The ocean is a minute's walk to my left.

10 - What are you supposed to be doing right now?

Showering and getting things ready to get on the ferry so I can get on a plane back to Melbourne.

Other things on the list - finish my book for book group on Tuesday night, get the mason's paperwork done and yeah, there is a heap of stuff I could be doing.

11 - Currently wanting to see anyone?

Yes, but we don't like to talk about that. It may happen, it may not. Depends on babysitter availability and a few other factors. Ah well.

I would like to go see Reindert in Colorado too.

12 - Would you go against your moral code for money?

No. I work in corporates - the edges of my moral code get skirted every now and then as it is.

13 - What’s more important to you: strength of the body or strength of the mind?

Strength of mind. You body is going to give out eventually - if you don't have your mind, you don't have anything. The health of both of these aspects of yourself is the most important thing of all.

14 - How important you think education is?

It is everything. The one thing you can be given and not have it taken away. There should be more of it. For everybody.

15 - If you were the president, what would you do?

Pretty much the opposite of everything the current Prime Minister is doing. Definitely less for big companies and more for people and the environment. That's a start.

Today's Song:


6 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I had never heard of the Fred Hollows foundataion. What a worthy group.

Stacy said...

Inigo Montoya was my first thought, but not what I went with. Love the Princess Bride!

Lori said...

I enjoyed your answers very much! Isn't it the truth about bad times, I have grown so much from them, I would never take them away.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Oh boy to we learn from mistakes. True..
And yes about education.. They cannot take that away from you but in our country, you have to fight like a tiger to get one. We really have a failing society here. It wasn't this way just a few decades ago. Uni in Cal was free..

Go Trojans!

Dana said...

Hermione Granger was one of two fictional characters I considered - she was not the one I chose, but certainly worthy!

CountryDew said...

I started to say Hermione but then I went with Molly Weasley. She was so fierce at the end during the battle with LaStrange (I hope I am remembering that right). And so protective of her children. She was a very strong character.